1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC AV28R4S or JVC AV28X4S

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Earthworm48, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Earthworm48

Earthworm48
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. Earthworm48

Earthworm48
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can no one help? Surely someone has seen these TVs in action?

3. Dunedin397

Dunedin397

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a JVC AV28R47SK in May 2004, which is the special model of the AV28R4 that Comet sell. It's got the 2 external rear speakers and the subwoofer bundled in.

Overall I'm pleased with the set bar 2 niggles.

1st is geometry. I'm not too happy with this has it's taken me some time to get a happy medium for the settings for Freeview sources and my PlayStation2's. There's issues horizontally and vertically but very few people notice it bar myself. It's a shame the settings can't be set for the various external inputs.

2nd was the picture width, which wasn't wide enough for my PS2 via SVideo. I had to stretch the picture to fill the screen but once this was done it's not something I have to do again.

Apart from that, it's got a great picture, much brighter than the older JVC models from 2001 and there's a good tweaking option for TV, DVD and VHS sources which change the white level from normal, red or blue. I don't use the analogue tuner.

The sound via Dolby Pro Logic 2 is very good and I must say even the stereo is fantastic.

I didn't audition the AV28X4 I'm afraid so I can't comment.

Dunedin