JVC AV28R25S - Best set for £450??

S

Skwarkenklux

Well, basing my research purely on reviews it would seem so, but a recent trip to Comet and I was dissapointed with the sets performance, the picture was very grainy compared to the Sony and a Panasonic it was stuck between. It could just be the setup at the shop of course, bearing in mind one Panasonic further down the line wasn't even tuned in properly and the picture was jumping all over the place.

I won't be getting a seperate sound system, so wanted a good balance of sound vs. picture with a budget of around £400 - £450.

A lot of reviews slated the sound of many 28" sets, and recommended the JVC AV28R25 over the T25 due to a built in sub and Dolby Pro.

Can anyone back up these comments or suggest a worthy competitor based on my needs?

Thanks in advance! :smashin:

I've got the 32" version and I am well happy. Like you I don't have a separate sound system so I am reliant on the sound from the TV. The built in sub is fantastic especially on MTV or a base heavy film like Men In Black. I haven't tried out the DPL because I don't have any rear speakers so I can't help you there. My picture is brilliant too. It can look quite dark through RGB but I use S-Video so that doesn't cause me any problems. Mine cost £700 about 12 months ago from Empire Direct. £400 for the 28" sounds about right. There are definitely better TVs out there but IMO none touch it in the same price range.

I too have the same JVC set and I highly recomend it.

Great picture quality, stable and sharp well defined images and the sound is impressive to boot. I have the satelite speakers and although it has the obvious limitations of ProLogic the sound stage is pretty impressive. Design looks great and the menu systems are very good too.

:smashin:

Hope this helps

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom