1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jvc Av28r25eks

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Markt8, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Markt8

Markt8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know how to reset this tv back to factory settings?

I was attempting to adjust the screen in the service menu and for sum reason the left hand side of the screen now moves in weird angles and makes menus look odd just on the left hand side.

I am also getting an engineer out next week to sort out the tilt problem.

Thanks guyz,

Mark

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Each tv should be set up individually so there won't be a 'factory setup' as such.
    Why didn't you write down the settings before mucking around ?
    A word of warning, don't disclose to the engineer that you've been in the service menu or your warranty *may* be invalid.

3. Markt8

Markt8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah! I was seeing if i cud change the tilt in there and didnt mean to save anything :(:(, i didn't know at the time about this becoming a fault which cudnt be changed by the software.

Can anyone give me a list of there paramters in the DEF menu of the service menu?

Is it possible for the engineer to reset it if i meantion the left side being very odd?

Thanx

4. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,267
    The DEF (deflection) settings are particular to your TV, so, as Lynx said, using the settings from another set won't work. There is no factory reset but if the engineer knows his stuff and has a pattern generator with them, they should be able to get it back to standard. By the way. there may be a limited amount of tilt adjustment available by rotating the scan coils.