Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

JVC AV28R25EKS Fault.

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by robbsafc, Oct 23, 2003.

1. robbsafc

robbsafc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a JVC AV28R25EKS which is just under 14 months old. I noticed yesterday that the picture is showing discoloration in a couple of places. The bottom left hand corner is discolored ( noticable especially when watching sky news and they have a info thing in bottom left hand). Also just about 2-3 inches in from top left there is some slight discoloration as well. I don't know if this is a known issue with this particular model but as u can expect I am pretty miffed. I haven't contacted JVC yet but would expect a TV tube to last longer than 14 months as it has done on every other TV set I have had. This does not fill me with confidence regarding JVC products. Just beginning to wonder if my JVC video will break down now. Anyone's thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Rob.

2. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,294
    This sounds like a simple purity problem. It can be caused by something magnetic (usually speakers) being placed near the set or may happen if the set is moved. Try switching the set off at the mains (not just to standby) for a few hours. This will make sure that the degaussing coils built into the set fire (that's the buzz you hear when you switch it on). These will normally remove any residual magnetism.

3. robbsafc

robbsafc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will give that a go tonight leaving it unplugged. There are no magnetic sources around the television, only speakers are the ones built in. Only other devices beside it are VCR/Cable box and PS2 . Will let u know how it goes.

Many thanks for the reply.

Rob.

4. robbsafc

robbsafc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for that. Unplugged the TV for about 45 mins and plugged it in, turned it on. You could hear something fire up when plugged it back in. Colour now seems ok, will do that more often as I normally just leave it on standby.

Thanks a lot, much appreciated.

Rob.