1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC AV28R25 Picture Settings

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Wigz, Jul 12, 2002.

1. Wigz

Wigz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have found this thread very useful so far but could swear I have seen some recommended picture settings on the JVC AV28R25 and now I can't find them!:mad: Enough to drive you nuts.

I also don't really understand about the RGB stuff, I have sky, a tosh 220E and an old sony vcr. Am I best getting a s-vhs -scart for the dvd in ext 2, put sky in ext 3 & plug the vcr's scart into the sky box!!:confused: I know that some on here have said that there are other better models but for £500 (JL's price match with RGB) + 5 year warranty I couldn't find one. Mind you it does appear that I will be on my 2nd JVC pretty soon as this one makes the sky prog box(rectangle) look weird, it has a straight verticle edge on the RHS but a very noticably wavy vertical edge on the LHS!:mad: Any adjustments I could try:confused:

Also 2 tiny specks of the black screen edging has come away on both sides producing 2 tiny specks of light which is annoying.

Having said all that I reckon that when I get a good one/fix the faults, this TV will be great.

I would be really greatful for any help

cheers:)

2. monkeynuts

monkeynuts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I too have a 220e and am going to order a T25 very shortly even though i am aware of the dark rgb playback.

i can't help you with the settings but i'm sure i'll need the same info shortly!

But i can tell you that the two specks of light on either side are meant to be there, i have had numerous TV's with this "feature" and no matter how annoying it is.....
    Being a skyless person i can only recommend you search for that problem on here as i'm sure i read about various sets distorting the menu screens

I look forward to hearing how you get on.

Cheers

The monkey with the nuts

3. sambullet

sambullet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what store is rgb

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I were you, I would experiment with RGB and S-Video for your DVD playback and see which you prefer. Do the same with Sky. Then you'll get your answer :)
    You're talking about geometry adjustments here which are only adjustable in the service menu.
    If you mean you now have one dot on each vertical edge of the screen (about half way down), then this is normal. These are used for aligning geometry and are present on most manufacturers sets (Sony and Philips models with Cybertubes being two exceptions).

Phil Read reports no dark RGB playback on his T25, so it might only affect the R25.