1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC av28r25 - a steel?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by pclarke, May 18, 2003.

1. pclarke

pclarke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just seen this TV advertised for £360....i know it has the tilt problem but is it good value at this price?

Also, is it now discontinued and if so what is replacing it?

Thanks for your help.

;)

2. tobydog

tobydog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw that price as well,it's about £80 cheaper than eveyone else.

There is a review of it on this site, it also got best buy awards from two other prominent mag's, if that's anything to go by?

There is a new range out, one has 37? in it's model number, you can find it on Pricerunner.com, also on the JVC.co.uk site.

3. Doogy

Doogy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PClarke............please be careful............I had two of these and both went back due to a buzzing centre speaker which still buzzed when muted.Notieable more late at night when viewing with volume down a bit as others in the house were sleeping. Also have a search for RGB problems............when inputting RGB to the only RGB scart, the picture is a lot darker/duller than it should be. Squirrel God has posted many relevant threads. I'm currently looking at the new Panny PS range.

4. preston

preston
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    PClarke - I have the 32" version and I am well pleased. I haven't sufferred from any of the problems. The speakers are fine and probably the best sound I have heard from a TV. The 32" version has a tilt correction setting but I haven't needed to use it.

Doogy - Sorry to hear you never got your problem sorted.

BTW - You can buy the rear speakers for under £40 from Empire Direct.

5. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,266
    The AV28X37 and AV-32X37 are 100Hz and have replaced the X25 models. The T25 & R25 are still current and will be for a while yet. To cure the tilt, there is a limited amount of adjustment available by moving the scan coils but this is an engineer job.