Jvc Av28r100eks

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by The Guru, Feb 26, 2002.

1. The Guru

The Guru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone got this set? Is it any good? Is the geometry good as Mag reviews say it is excellent. I want a decent 28" Widescreen TV. My Phillips 28PW6515 has gone back as it was crap.:eek:

2. marty1

marty1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I've got one, not had it long but I'm very pleased with it.

3. The Guru

The Guru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What was the geometry like because I had a look at one at the weekend and it was curved. Are they all the same or was I just looking at a bed one?

4. marty1

marty1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine is OK, it's a great picture, I've had no problems at all.

5. Nyquil Driver

Nyquil Driver
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guru- You shouldn't get overly concerned with geometry because any minor distortions/bends can be dealt with in the service menu. If you get a set with REALLY atrocious bends, just send it back for a replacement. I bought a JVC AV28S2 and the "out of the box" geometry was absolutely abysmal (curved 4:3 sides, off-centre picture, generally MUCH too low), but I managed to get it all ship-shape within an hour (without the help of an engineer).

Can I ask why you've opted for the 100eks over the FT1 though? (that goes for you too marty) as I'm planning to swap my S2 for an FT1, but I never researched the 100eks at all....

6. marty1

marty1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The reasons I bought this model was:

1) Recommendations and good reviews

2) I got it for only £450 from ebay, that's £230 off the Comet price!

That's enough mular left for a DVD aswell.

7. shez316

shez316

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Nyquil Driver

out of interest, why are you swapping the S2 for a WFT1?

8. Nyquil Driver

Nyquil Driver
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My S2 suffers from "static interference" (as described in the What Video TV review), this manifests itself as a collection of dots at either extreme of the image. It's tolerable on normal TV viewing (and videos/games etc), but when I watch anamorphic DVD's the dots turn into a rather distracting line pattern. Considering how much I paid for the set (nearly £800!) I've decided I shouldn't have to live with such an irksome flaw.

My first thought was to get the set swapped for another S2, but after having a good look in showrooms (and confirmation from another S2 owner in this forum), it's obvious that the whole range has this "feature" to some extent, so I'd be better off getting a different model altogether.

I was looking for a decent 50hz flatscreen and The FT1 was top of my list before I impulse-bought the S2. I didn't mind spending a bit more because I was just SO relieved to get rid of the Panasonic PL1 I had, but (with the benefit of hindsight) I should have gone for an FT1 as planned. I'm sure it's perfect for me because trouble-free DVD viewing has always been my top priority.

9. gaz_25

gaz_25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can somebody please help me! i need a installation/instruction manual for my jvc AV28R100EKS, ive tried the jvc website but its not on there!!! does anybody know where i can download one? or is anybody willing to lend/sell theres? i cannot get my games consol to work on any of the three scart sockets or off the video/audio port (red,white,yellow) off the front. any idea welcome!! my email is [email protected]

thanks

10. aekostas

aekostas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52