1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC av28-wft1eks

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by chegz60, Jul 13, 2002.

1. chegz60

chegz60

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had this 28" w/screen for 3 months and paid £530.
    The convergence is not very good especially in top left corner.
    Retailer is taking in to workshop for a week but has said will probably not be able to make any better! "Most of these sets are like this", he said.
    Can anyone advise if I have grounds for a replacement (or newer model) if still not happy when they send back or am I expecting too much for my money?:(

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's been 3 months so your best bet is to push on about the TV being "unrepairable" (based on what the engineer said) - a lot of retailers will give you a replacement if the set can't be repaired. You'll have a stronger case if you demonstrate that the convergence is better on another WFT1 (e.g. one on display in store), although you'd be hard pushed to find one now. If the convergence has gotten worse during the 3 months (i.e. it was okay when you bought it), then I'd personally push strongly for a replacement if it came back the same.

Having said this, there are usually minor convergence errors on most CRT sets (the dreaded words "in spec"). It depends how severe it is in your case as to whether a replacement would be better anyway.

Hope that helps a bit. :)