1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jvc Av-32wft1

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by planbeta, May 27, 2002.

1. planbeta

planbeta
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    In Home Entertainment mag they that the best Nicam TV as the JVC AV-32WFT1 saying,

"one of the best TV images we have seen"

... have any of you got or used this TV, is it really that good picture wise, because it is retailing at under £700 at the minute, and I'm quite tempted? :p

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do a search for "WFT1" .. there's loads of posts about this model on the forum. :)

3. planbeta

planbeta
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just been doing that!

From what I can gather the WFT1 is solid performer with excellent picture and good sound. The only niggle with it appears to be some geometry problems in 4:3 mode....

What other 32inch TV (sub £1000) are also worth putting on my shortlist?

Cheers :) :)

4. bubbleguff

bubbleguff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi..

I called a dealer today for a price for the 32" JVC WFT1 and they seemed to think this model was discontinued. They had an alternative model, the JVC AV32-T25. There's a post here from earlier this year about the JVC WFT1 being discontinued and updated with this model, is that correct and if so does anyone know if there are major differences? I haven't been able to find any reviews of the T25 and would like to know if its worth trying to get the WFT1 before it becomes obsolete.

Ta..

5. planbeta

planbeta
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yep looks like they are calling it a day with the WFT1, they had it at unbeatable.co.uk last week - this week, it's gone! I have seen it in some mag adverts going for £680, don't know how many they've got in stock though?

Not seen any reviews of the T5 either. There is a review in the new homecinema mag of the 28R25 and it's got a write up, I think there may be a 32inch version .... hmmn never thought buying a TV could be so tricky! :confused:

6. Phil.LFC

Phil.LFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I'm still waiting for the 32" model to come out. I've spoken to my local independent retailer who informs me that JVC have told him to expect it sometime in May:rolleyes:
    I've e mailed JVC and they have said that the sets are at the factory but will be in the shops this month. Well they haven't got much time left then!
    I'm desperate for a new TV as I can't bear to watch the World Cup on the 14" portable I'm currently using.:mad:
    JVC are advertising this new range as part of a World Cup promotion so to not have them in the shops by the start of the tournament seems a bit daft.
    If and when I get the 32" I'll let you all know what I think of it.
    If anyone spots one of these rare beasts in the meantime please let me know!
    ;)

7. planbeta

planbeta
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Do you know how much the new JVC 32" is going to retail for?

Cheers :cool:

8. bubbleguff

bubbleguff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The price I was given for the AV32T25 was £799 from Victors in Harrow, Middlesex. I've always found them quite reasonable and would expect the RRP to be higher than this.

If the changes are just cosmetic, personally I wouldn't spend an extra 100 odd quid for the new model if I can still get hold of the WFT1

Cheers..

9. bubbleguff

bubbleguff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After posting that I did a quick check on pricerunner and saw prices well below 799, should've done that first..duh. I rechecked with Victors and their price is 729, not 799...

Now for an extra 30 quid its worth considering..:)

10. planbeta

planbeta
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    £729 is not bad at all - plus the new one looks a LOT better! ;)