1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC AV-32R57SK Auto Aspect Ratio problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Hentie Cilliers, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Hentie Cilliers

Hentie Cilliers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought this TV about a month ago, and the sound and everything on it was great, only problem was that picture was too tall (vertically) and so I could not see the sports scores on the bottom of the screen. Had to tinker with it to see if I could fix it. I got into the service menu, and changed a few things (should have known better). I got the picture size to the proper settings, but now the Widescreen Automatic Aspect Ratio adjuster? does not work. It does not detect when the broadcast is in widescreen or in 4:3 mode. This forces me to manually switch the aspect ratio everytime I change a channel.

It must be some setting I changed in the memory banks of the set, as I don't see anything else on the menu that might help (also bought the service manual for the set - no help).

If anyone has any info on this please let me know. I could also just take the set back to Comet for a warranty repair, but it weighs 53kg, and I am not THAt strong or desperate yet.

Thanks in advance
    Hentie Cilliers

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,883
    Just be aware if Comet find out you have been tinkering within the hidden Technicians service menu it may invalidate your warranty. :lesson:

3. ben.spencer

ben.spencer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How did you get into the service menu?

4. Hentie Cilliers

Hentie Cilliers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I pressed [Mute] and at the same time. Pressing it again takes you to the memory banks of the set - DON'T change unless you know what you are doing - otherwise I won't be posting this.....

5. Hentie Cilliers

Hentie Cilliers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Managed to sort out the problem. Accidently plugged in the SCART socket on the VCR socket on the Sky box. Apparently no WSS output through the VCR SCART.

6. techmob

techmob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    how is the geometry on your set..

i have just bought this tv and it's terrible