1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jvc Av-32r25

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by preston, Mar 4, 2003.

1. preston

preston
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've finaly made the decision and I'm going for the JVC AV-32R25. For those of you not familiar it is JVCs 32" pure flat dolby pro-logic widescreen tv. Did well in the industry magazines. Anyone got any advice or comments. Any help with prices would be great. The best deal I can find is with Empire Direct at just under £700 including delivery.

2. Doogy

Doogy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gather it's had some really good reviews in Home Cinema Choice and a few other mags. Have recently bought the 28" model which has excellent pics/sound but..........I've been unfortunate to have a buzzing centre speaker (see other threads relating to this). However after a bit of shouting Debenhams are going to get me a new one ASAP. If it don't buzz and everything else is as good as my first one I'll be a happy bunny.........until I find something else to worry about! Am really impressed with the sound......ok it's only PL but for a one box solution it's ideal.I bought the matching rear speakers (they don't come with the set) for £45 inc delivery from JVC. I do believe there is a problem where AV1 (RGB I/P) suffers from darkened images but I use mine on AV3 S video which gives a great picture. Now.........are you going to take the plunge??????Something to consider........try John Lewis or Debs as they will price match and both give 5 yr guarantee.......they may also be more helpful if you have problems although you may have to raise your voice a bit at them!:smashin:

3. preston

preston
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry to hear about the buzzing, Doogy. As I have mentioned in another thread (JVC AV32R25EKS or AV32WFT1) a couple of friends have bought the 28" versions and they are very happy.

I'm with you regarding the one box solution, it is ideal for my needs. I have run a couple of speaker wires prior to the carpet fitter arriving and I am now looking at buying the speakers. Mrs P is keen that I purchase a nice looking pair. I guess I've fallen into the life style camp. I was thinking about a couple of slim floorstanders and so I have dismissed the £45 JVC pair for now. To be honnest I don't know where to start looking.

As for the RGB problem, I have resigned myself to using the S-Video connection but I will try RGB to see for myself prior to commiting.

I have already ordered mine through Empire Direct (I know, I know but they were the cheapest) which came to just under £700 including delivery but no extended warenty. As far as I am aware John Lewis / Debs will only price match against shops on the high street and the cheapest I could find was £900.