1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC AV-32R25 advice needed

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Weinberg, Jan 11, 2004.

1. Weinberg

Weinberg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I posted earlier about my problem with faulty widescreen TVs. I was recommended this one and after researching, there don't seem to be any complaints. A few sites said there were small geometry problems, which are easily fixed through the service menu.
    I want to be confident that there are no unfixable problems like the screen stretching extra at the sides, that the 4:3 picture autofit is decent and doesn't make the picture totally stretched, the TV turns to wide mode when a wide signal is detected, and most importantly the picture HAS TO be excellent, especially as I have Sky digital and use high quality RGB cables with everything.

So should I go for it? Where can I find it the cheapest?

2. jsmurray

jsmurray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Weinberg

Weinberg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for that, it's the cheapest I've seen for the R model too-£560. If you get a chance to have a closer look at the TV soon, please tell me how good it is!

Any other comments/help appreciated.

4. Dan666

Dan666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have the 32R25 and whereas Im happy with it, you might want to take the RGB issue into consideration.

The RGB mode on this TV is so dark it borders on unwatchable. The Brightness and Contrast controls are disabled in this mode.

The best picture availible on this set is through an S-Video signal. This is what I use and it is very good indeed, but I would prefer the precision of RGB.

Having said that, the rest of the TV is faultless. Geometry is the best Ive ever come across (with a only a few minor adjustments on the service menu), and colours are vibrant and lifelike.

On the whole, a very big, impressive TV. But if you're a die-hard RGB fan you will be very dissapointed.

5. Weinberg

Weinberg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for that, I really needed some impressions of the TV! I can live with the RGB thing, as I will just use composite leads or see if the service menu can fix it. Before I go and buy it when I sort out a refund on my current TV, can you confirm that the picture is really good? If I use sky digital/DVD players will the picture be crisp/sharp and impressive? I'm very paranoid after 2 faulty TVs in a few weeks!

6. Kula

Kula
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  7. Steve Amos

Steve Amos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now that's what I call bad service. But to offer the flip side of the coin they are very cheap, and I personally know three people that have purchased TV's from them in the last couple of months (myself included). All have received working TV's without any problems.

This just goes to show that if you cut your prices something has to give.