JVC av-28x4sk

V

vg67

Can anyone help?

Just bought jvc 28" widescreen 100hz couple of days ago.....although the picture is fine it takes about 40 secs for the picture to show after the set is turned on?
Called JVC they say it's too long and to call dealer....I did and the man said that it's normal and it will get better with continued use!

Is this true? Just upgraded to a widescreen, 100hz and worried that tv has a fault!

Any advice. Thanks.

It isn't normal. It should take about 10 seconds maximum.

Try this experiment - If you have anything connected to external 2 input, unplug it and try again.

I had my cable box connected to Ext2.....connected it to Ext3 now!
Why does that happen.......be nice to know!

Thanks! :D

It's caused by the way that pins 10 and 12 of the SCART connector are used. They are normally used for data interchange between some TVs and VCRs to exchange tuning data - sometimes called Smartlink or other similar names. Unfortunately, some satellite receivers and cable boxes short these pins to ground as they were developed before pins 10 and 12 were in common use. Some recent boxes still do this. This upsets the TV as it doesn't like having its data lines grounded, causing the fault you had. An alternative cure if you really want to use your box on EXT2 is simply to cut pins 10 and 12 inside the SCART cable. You may find that just cutting pin 10 or pin 12 will work but since they are normally only used to exchange tuning data during setup, cutting them both doesn't normally matter. The reason that your box works on EXT3 is that it doesn't have the data lines connected.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom