JVC AV-28X45K - Help Geometry Prob (Pics)

jdwoodbury

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Was hoping someone wiser than myself could work out this issue, quite recently my screen has started to drop on the left side (see pic), very noticeable with the vertical lines of the Sky+ menu. It look like the whole screen is tilted, with a significant slant on the left. This may be an indication the TV is on it's way out (have read something about coils on here), the strange thing is when I use the DVD input the picture looks perfect (centered).

I use a SCART for both DVD and Sky+ (no direct ariel connection). Is this a problem with my Sky+ or the TV??? When the engineer installed Sky+ I did notice a slight drop to the left (not very noticeable), the engineer said that some TV's did that and was not correctable...it is very much worse now :confused:

Any help appreciated :)

2-picture2.jpg

My 28" JVC was the same as yours but not as bad. I found the code to get in to the geometery set up and made it bearable, will try to find the code at home if you want.

But beware this will void your warranty etc and write down all the values on the various settings before you change them!!!!!

I would really appreciate that, no warrenty on the TV so Iwill give it a go myself, if I mess it up the missus may find a plasma in the front room quicker than she thought :D

JD

Please find info as requested:

The service menu is accessed on the remote by pressing the "i" button and mute at the same time.
to adjust the geometry select option 4, the other options are best left alone. Before you adjust any of the settings be sure to write them all down so that you can return them to the defaults if you cock-up.
You will need to write down the settings for all picture modes, panoramic, regular, 14:9, 16:9, 16:9 subtitle, full.
You should select Panoramic mode first because when altered it changes all the others modes as well, so you need to go into them one by one after, to redo them if needed.
To move between the modes in the service menu press the red button on the remote.
The up and down buttons on the remote moves between the different settings the left and right buttons change the value. Press "OK" to save changes or "i" to go back/exit.
If you change a modes settings save them before moving on to the next mode or the settings return to the previous value.

I would also download the test patterns orbitalzone has posted above as this will help.

Hope everything goes OK, if not you might be getting that plasma a bit earlier:smashin:

Rob

JD

Please find info as requested:

The service menu is accessed on the remote by pressing the "i" button and mute at the same time.
to adjust the geometry select option 4, the other options are best left alone. Before you adjust any of the settings be sure to write them all down so that you can return them to the defaults if you cock-up.
You will need to write down the settings for all picture modes, panoramic, regular, 14:9, 16:9, 16:9 subtitle, full.
You should select Panoramic mode first because when altered it changes all the others modes as well, so you need to go into them one by one after, to redo them if needed.
To move between the modes in the service menu press the red button on the remote.
The up and down buttons on the remote moves between the different settings the left and right buttons change the value. Press "OK" to save changes or "i" to go back/exit.
If you change a modes settings save them before moving on to the next mode or the settings return to the previous value.

I would also download the test patterns orbitalzone has posted above as this will help.

Hope everything goes OK, if not you might be getting that plasma a bit earlier:smashin:

Rob

Hi there.

I too need to change some settings in there but what i really need to know is what to change in the Panoramic mode. As it appears to be what i call a "zoom" mode then what exactly am i aiming to achieve on screen to know that i have set it up to its optimum best?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks, Robbie.

Sorry Robbie not sure what you want, can you try explaining it again?

JD Did you manage to improve your picture?

Rob

I wasn't sure what to change in Panoramic mode so i just went ahead and adjusted the Full and Regular settings and everything seems to be ok (fingers crossed).

Robbie, if you can find the time to let me know the settings you've left yours at -it might ba a good starting point for me!?!:oops:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom