1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC AV-28WFT, green picture!!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by cbIan, Oct 31, 2005.

1. cbIan

cbIan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, just joined the forum after a few months of stalking! have got some useful info in the past so hope someone can help. i have a JVC AV-28WFT1EK 4 yrs old that has developed a fault. the picture has been getting greener as the months go by,it is not to bad when an outdoor prog is on but anything at night or indoors has a very green tint to it.have tried every adjustment i can find to no avail,does anyone know what is causing this and is it repairable ? and at what cost?.i know the old Tvs had colour guns that u could tweak but don't know if there is such a thing in a modern TV. Also it may sound daft but could using an X-box which seems to have every menu in green ,cause a problem with this or any other TV, Many thanks .Ian

2. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,267
    The symptoms you have are typical of a tube failure. The AV-28WFT1 uses a Philips tube.

3. cbIan

cbIan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Gary,4yrs & £585.00 what value!

4. FRANTIC FRANC

FRANTIC FRANC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    You can adjust the green picture in the engineer menu - the same thing happened to mine (black appears to be green tint). It was a while ago when I adjusted it but I'll try and remember the procedure if you want.
    Cheers, Franc