Jvc Av-28t5s

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by meath man, Apr 30, 2007.

1. meath man

meath man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Ive grown tired of trying to find a lcd that comes anywhere near crt for sd performance. I currently have a 24 inch philips crt which i love buts it a bit small.
    My setup:
    Sky+
    Panasonic ht-855 home cinema system
    Xbox360

So i think i might try and get a relatively cheap 28 inch crt to tide me over for the next year or 2.
    Obviously my options are unbelieveably limited these days, so the only one i can find is this jvc:
    http://www.didstore.com/store_detail.asp?modelcode=AV28T5SR&subid=1
    http://compare.jvc.co.uk/tsjvc2.php

It seems to have great connectivity (for a crt). Can anyone give a review of the jvc considering the sources i would be using........?

I love 50 htz so thats not a problem.....

2. meath man

meath man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    anyone......

3. meath man

meath man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    think ive finally given up all hope on lcds 2nite, so can anyone please help me with the above questions......

4. meath man

meath man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    as one of the only available crts available today, i would have taught that someone could comment on the jvc t5......
    fed up of this forum, nobody seems bothered to answer questions anymore, took me a week to get a response on the lcd forum, obviously not much better here

5. newton

newton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have the jvc 28" and its Ok for a vestal. The contrast is not great in dark scenes but beggars cant be choosers. Its miles better than any liquid crap display.
    A shop near me in Ireland is selling off 28" Philips for 320euros so if I'm lucky I'll pick up a half decent screen. I'm afraid Philips tv's have gone down in quality compared to older sets which seemed to have more dynamic range of colours.
    Their new hdcrts are being phased out in europe as well. F'cuk flat screen's.

6. Mofoman

Mofoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Yeah I know exactly how you feel, I am getting more and more annoyed by the day at the death of CRT to inferior display device's, and no matter what anyone says about Plasma, the best of CRT kick's their arse.

I for one do not want to ever hand a television screen on a wall. I have my projector screen on the wall, and I love the big CRT's. The picture quality in them is unbeatable.

My Super Fine Pitch HDCRT Sony is on it's way from japan now as well, so I can't wait to have that 36 inch beast set up in the house too.

Personally I can't see why people fell so in love with LCD and plasma, I hate the quality of the picture on both of them, and every single plasma I have ever seen, ISF calibrated or not suffers from image retenion problem's when watching SKY. It's a total pain in the ass.

Now SED and FED are worth getting excited about, but they are stilll a long way off imo and could never compete with a crt price if the manfacturers would only release some nice set's again. Surely it isn't too much to ask for companies like Sony to produce a couple of set's a year for CRT fan's. They still have CRT assembly lines for broadcasting monitor's.

7. newton

newton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Got the philips 28" for 310euro from harveynorman Dundalk. :thumbsup:
    This TV should last for 5-10 yrs until there is a decent affordable flat screen alternative. I would recommend getting a new one now before its the end for all half decent crt TV;s.
    It has a more stylish frame than the jvc which is more of a brick, it looks smaller. Sound is much better and picture on analogue TV and scart is more watchable for me. I think the crystal clear must makes some difference.
    The per input setting is nice, it has rotation, and you can scroll up and down from ext1,2,AV to chanls unlike jvc.

The vestel makes like jvc, amstrad, walker, seem rather dull and lifeless, nothing really stands out in the picture or the drab styling.
    I'm a relative newcomer to flatscreens so am maybe over critical having been used to curved tubes for most of my viewing life.

I have a JVC going cheap with hardly any mileage.

8. meath man

meath man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    very interesting newton thanks for the response. I was in harvey norman in drogheda yesterday and there was no sign of a philps crt! - is there a lot of philips crts available in the dundalk store? - could you tell me the model number and maybe post a picture. Around 310 euro is exactly what i want to pay for a new crt and i love my 24 inch philips... so a 28 inch philips could be exactly what im after....

9. aekostas

aekostas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    What's that?

Thanks.

10. newton

newton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    3 in stock and I got one. I got 10euro knocked off price by bargaining just for the sake of saying I beat the price down. It was already on sale reduced from 390euro or something and they said they are selling at cost to clear the stock. You are right its increasingly impossible to find a decent crt thats why I didnt hang around pondering as there was no alternatives left , I was in and out in 10 mins. Unless you want a 2nd hand one but then you dont know what your getting.
    I was in drogheda before xmas and didnt buy then, I got the jvc which I regretted. I'm sure powercity or did electrical may have some left in drogheda.
    Maybe currys in dublin or a local electrical shop may have one. I wouldnt worry about the price, just get one before its the end for crt.

Attached Files: