JVC and How to Lose a Customer

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Garelick, Mar 17, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Garelick

Garelick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On finding that we had to replace our set I hunted around on here and made the choice of the JVC LT32DX7BJ. I had to visit Cheltenham from London and chose to visit Champs as they had deal for 1190.00 including 5 Year Warranty http://www.champsretail.co.uk/rp/products/LT-32DX7.htm . After setting the set up I turned it on to find that the screen immediately went off!

Champs are happy to do an exchange but wont have stock for a week plus I end up having a 200 Mile round trip to return the set.

I live close to Staples Corner (JVC's Home) about 5 mins drive actually.

So you would think they would be open to helping out a customer spending a grand plus.

Forget it! From customer services (Steve, Ireland)I was put through to Technical (London) who in blunt and offish tone told me that they would ' Absolutly not exchange or help in this instance' and that i would have to seek help from the dealer.

My second call to customer service after Champs had had no luck from their JVC rep was to customer services (Steve, Ireland again) Who when I told him the issue was even less sympathetic. JVC after all dont think that they should bear any expense if you have to return a set whether taking time to return to Cheltenham or Timbuktu. After all it was 'My choice' the question what do you expect us to do ? was where I ended the call. Altogether a very disapointing experience.
    :thumbsdow

2. marty2005

marty2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +155
    It is down to the shop you bought it from if the tv is faulty.

Try sending an email to the head office in Japan, they are supposed to be about honour and stuff.

3. Garelick

Garelick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The shop Paul Mortons Champs Store have been sypathetic but have no stock to replace the set with. They like me thought it would save lot of hassle, fuel and everyones time if the product when 1 mile down the road and somehow the bright boffins at JVC saved everone the expense of what would be :

Me travelling 200 Miles round trip and JVC doing the same seems a little more expensive than my proposal.

What really annoyed me was the attitude of JVC's staff. No Sympaty no Empathy and No wish to find a solution to make the customer happy.

Anyhow I guess JVC's loss will be another manufacturers gain.

Ideas for alternative LCDs 32" gratefully accepted.......

4. badbob

badbob
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +318
    My guess any large corporation will do the same (Sony, Panasonic whatever) Hopefully a small company should sort your problem out (just pop into their head office/factory)

5. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122

I'm sorry to hear you'd a poor experience with JVC CS - my experience on behalf of my partner's DR-M10 DVD recorder was practically the opposite.
    In a nutshell - 11 months old, failed, spoke with JVC, passed to dept who can do swap out with refurb unit, received replacement - bent chassis, called again, another replacement sent, 3 month extension to warranty (now up), no complaints.
    Pity the same wasn't afforded you having spent 5x more than she did.

Anyhow, if the JVC experience has left a nasty taste and you don't fancy trying again and speaking with a supervisor or manager at CS level, then I think you'd find Loewe would provide a welcome relief in customer care and overall quality of experience with them and their products.

6. Garelick

Garelick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Loewe seemed a bit more expensive than whjat I was spending. Am I being a a skinflint or is there anything else comprable to the JVC. Please bear in mind im without a set :( so need to find somthing pronto.

7. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    32" JVC - £1200, Loewe Concept 32" - £1400.
    Worth the additional £200 for 3 year warranty and proper CS if a problem should arise?
    Go have a looksee for a local dealer via www.loewe-uk.com and visit listed dealer for chat and demo.
    See if you're suitably impressed and ask questions aplenty before deciding if it's for you.

8. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    Ever heard of parcel force? DHL? City Link? UPS?

9. Garelick

Garelick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Horny Dragon The Issue is expediency. If I trust the Set to a Delivery Service will I get it delivered Working.

I have had two issues with electronics damaged on arival including an LCD screen last year and a PC with a very missing battery which took ages to sort out with HP.

I realise this is not everyones experience but I dont trust delivery on Large items like a TV Set.

10. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    thats your perogative mate but all the manufcaturers DO how else do you think they to the shops? and around the lace for repair using DHL, AMtrak, UPs with insurance is safe enough, look on the brightside if its insured nd they knacker it you have a refund by proxy!

11. Garelick

Garelick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Horny Dragon My worry is its always their word against yours. Eg. Who ever heard of a laptop PC sent back to the Manufacturer without it's battery?

Thankfully Because I was worried about damage to the case I took photos in the Box. HP still took 3 months to send a replacement battery.

Anyways looks like i may be going the Loewe route had a interesting afternoon at JL (Brent Cross)

12. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    i had a similar issue with ACER apperntly your not supposed to send any acesories back, mains leads etc but f you clear up what needs to be returned first you should hav eno issues you can even ask JVC to reconmend a courier, how do you think shops return them to manufacturers?