JVC 950 Magenta Bar

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Paulsa, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Paulsa

Paulsa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guy's I am a returning ( old) member ,don't know why but I couldn't find my old id, but no problem.
    I have tried a search on here but couldn't find a thread -- but I'm sure there will be
    My Jvc 950 has just developed what I thought was an 'unusual' problem ,namely a magenta tinged with green bar down the right hand side of the screen - so far managing to remove it by using the 2.5% mask , but after a search on the web ,I have found this to a a fairly common problem ... Which apparently will only get worse.
    What is the cause of this ?

I have read if you contact jvc the point you towards Sontec who apparantly do a fix for this ,is this correct ? And is it recommended ?

Has anybody on here sent their 'prized' machine to them and if so what is the repair cost and turnaround time ?

Apologies if this has all been covered elsewhere ,if so ,I would be obliged if you could point me in the right direction
    Many thanks

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  2. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,085
    It's an optical block problem, is it still under warranty? previously with this fault which is quite common with HD350/750 was usually a replacement pj as they did not have parts to replace the faulty unit.

However about a year ago JVC sourced the parts IIRC so now offer repair rather than a swap, don't know what the repair cost is but it won't be cheap, think in terms of £300+ unless I am mistaken so hopefully yours is still under warranty.

3. Paulsa

Paulsa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately it's well out of warranty now,bought as an ex demo from Loud and Clear in Glasgow over 2 years ago ,still love it ,I thought at first it may have been the lamp ( done 1287 hours) but alas seems not ....should contact with Jvc be first port of call or try dealer first ?

4. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,085
    Try the dealer as if it was ex demo it may be that it is still under warranty. JVC give 3yrs on their pj's although that is with JVC authorised dealers and it may not apply to your ex dem model but still worth trying, you never know your luck.

5. Donali

Donali

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    Did you not get the 3 year extended warranty? I would call / email either your dealer or JVC customer support if this is not possible.

6. DrGekko

DrGekko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +469
    Just mail JVC customer services (Jitesh is the chap who responded to my emails) and they should offer you a subsidised repair via Sontec Ltd, the approved repairer. You have to ship it to them yourself but the cost is around £150 + vat for the repair, including return of your unit to you.

7. Paulsa

Paulsa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah thank you for that :)
    Any idea what 'the repair ' is and is it a permanent fix ?

I will maybe contact my dealer. -- Loud and Clear , in the morning and see what they say ,if no response from them , I'll get onto JVC asap
    Many many thanks for your prompt and helpful replies :)

Any other info greatly appreciated