1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC 707 - editing/recording to DVD

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Calvados, May 5, 2005.

1. Calvados

Calvados
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have a lot of DV camcorder tape to archive but not sure how to go about it...

Could someone give me a few bullet points or point me to a good previous thread.

The specifics- I have a JVC DXV707 camcorder and a Panny E65 DVD recorder and I'd like to edit the tape before burning to DVD.
    So, can I simply buy some editing software for my laptop, edit the tape and then download to the E65? Or do I need other bits of kit??
    I know I can record straight from the JVC to the E65 but editing seems to be very limited (start/stop/pause! or am I missing a trick here) but I want to be able to do more sophisticated editing.

I'm going to post this on the DVD recorder forum and the Camcorder forum - not because I'm greedy but because I might get a couple of different angles.

Muchas gracias. Calva.

2. Calvados

Calvados
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    does anyone with a similar JVC have any tips / provide me with insight as to how they record material?