Jvc 665 ek

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Paul Young, Nov 24, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Paul Young

Paul Young

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had my JVC for about two years and has noticed that when i rewind my tapes i hear loud grinding noise when it slowly rewinds and when goes fast it is ok (sometimes the slowness is about a minute depending of the tightness of the tape). I think it is the turning plastic cogs does anyone have this same problem or is it just an isolated problem. Is it fixable ? Thanks

2. Paul G

Paul G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does the grinding noise happen when you start rewinding near the beginning of the tape rather than from right at the end? If it does then it might be an operating characteristic and nothing to worry about.
    I own a couple of Panasonic Super drive decks that because of their age, do the same thing.
    :D

3. Paul Young

Paul Young

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sometimes it happens mostly a the end of a tape it depends of the tape tighness and certain tape brands. Also if i playback rewind there is always a grinding noise. I try to avoid this most of the time to minimize the cog wear.