JVC 5000 vs Epson 9300

JVC 5000 vs Epson 9300

• JVC 5000

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Epson 9300

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
ordered a 9300 from France (saved quite a bit of dosh, but will have to wait a few weeks for it to arrive), was swayed by not only the price difference and gaming, but also post calibrated from what I can tell will get better colours. Shame about the blacks will have to leave that till the next PJ ;)
You will just have to live with dominating like me!
20161204_235150.jpg

Lol. Surprising never used to get in the positive so much when it was first released.

ordered a 9300 from France (saved quite a bit of dosh, but will have to wait a few weeks for it to arrive), was swayed by not only the price difference and gaming, but also post calibrated from what I can tell will get better colours. Shame about the blacks will have to leave that till the next PJ ;)

do you get the 5 year warranty if you buy from france? and you made a big saving on the current exchange rate?

I am sure JVC do better blacks but I would wait till you have seen it in action in your own room - I am 10 hours in now and cant say I think the black level is a problem at all.

I saved a fair amount (about 25%), the place I got it from did me a very good deal and the euro dropped this week against the pound. One thing that pissed me off is my bank (RBS) said they didn't charge for euros and I didn't want to use Paypal as they charge 3.5% now, but after purchasing I realised that RBS were disguising about 2.5% in their exchange. I'm going to ring them on monday as that was about £50. Warranty is something I'm not too sure about will wait till I get it, I'm hoping that when I register it it will be the same as UK, but if not the warranty in France is pretty similar. When it arrives will update forum about the experience.

good luck - sounds a good saving - you were probably going to have to wait for a 9300 here as they seem to be selling pretty well. 9300's seem thin on the ground - mine is a 9300W - good thing the white is growing on me lol.

funnily enough for the living room it's going into the white would have actually looked better!

same boat here as it goes - I had the sony 55 in gloss black and was worried about white but I like it.

for a big beast it is quite a good looking unit

Look what arrived!

135" 2.37:1 Cinemascope Acoustic Transparent Screen by OzTheaterScreens!

873dee7922962d525eceaf545b85e176.jpg

didn't they it in a bigger size?

Update Projector arrived, switched cable to UK, works perfectly, started up in English, need to go over warranty. Very happy so far.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom