1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jvc 37 Inch Lcd Confusion With Models?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by dicko17, Jul 24, 2005.

1. dicko17

dicko17

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'M REALLY INTERESTED IN THE 37" LCD'S THAT JVC ARE BRINGING OUT IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS , BUT I'M A LITTLE CONFUSED IN WHICH ONE TO GO FORAND WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IS BETWEEN THE SETS.
    THERE ARE I THINK 2 MODELS THE LT37DS6 AND THE LT37DM6 , CAN ANYBODY TELL ME THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE 2 MODELS AS I HAVE EMAILED JVC A NUMBER OF TIMES BUT THEY DON'T SEEM TO TAKE ANY NOTICE OF POSSIBLE FUTURE CUSTOMERS .
    ALSO WOULD I BE BETTER OFF WITH A PANASONIC 500 RANGE PLASMA THAN ONE OF THE ABOVE JVC'S ??? :lease:

2. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +285
  3. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,267
    The difference is that the DM6 includes a multi-memory card slot. This accepts SD, XD, Memory Stick/CF & Microdrives. It will play JPEGs and MPEG2 from the card slot. The DS6 is the same basic set but doesn't have the card slot.

4. dicko17

dicko17

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Gary , Have They The Same Response Time , And Have You Any Idea What Diamensions Are , I Have Around 1000mm Free Space To Place It In. Thanks.

5. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,267
    The sets are identical apart from the memory slot. Response times are also identical.

I've just measured the one I have here. It's 925mm wide, 110mm deep and the overall height (including the stand) is 690mm but I have a slightly different stand from the one normally supplied with the set so the overall height may be slightly different.

6. MartinPerry

MartinPerry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You mentioned the sadly lacking JVC customer service, I too have had very poor service from JVC, they totally ignore new customers, this before you even buy the product.. whats it like after ?!, for this reason I totally discounted JVC and went to Philips... :eek:

7. gazzer_67

gazzer_67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I read an article yesterday - published in an old TV Mag (Jan/Feb) that the DM would also have Full HD 1920m x 1080 resolution.

Gazzer