Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

JVC 32p37

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by prosperosbks, Dec 5, 2004.

1. prosperosbks

prosperosbks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought one of these and have now discovered this website.
    Anyway still reasonably happy with the purchase but could anyone help me with a couple of newbie questions?

When people talk of component input what do they mean?

I have my settop box. Pace Twin recorder plugged into SCART 1
    The VHS recorder into SCART 2
    The DVD player into SCART3

Is that about right?. Not sure what the other sockets do but my DVD will connect via other methods. It has a lot of plugs round the back anyway.
    Many thanks, and please be gentle.

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +882
    Component is an alternative connection method to using Scart

Component can effectively be used in 2 modes - either progressive scan or interlaced.

Generally speaking there is little difference between an RGB Scart input and an interlaced component however progressive scan component will generally be considerably better than RGB Scart.

To make full use of this you would need to check that both your TV and your DVD will support these formats - I note from the JVC website that the TV set does have component inputs but it didnt appear to mention if it supported progressive scan or not.

The one thing to mention is that component only carries the video signal and therefore you would need to use a pair of stereo connections for the sound to the TV assuming you dont already use an external amp.

3. evans

evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    prosperosbks

Congratulations on your purchase. Not sure about your model it could be the DIST model that replaces the 32d25. I have got that one and it is by far one of the best for pic quality. If it is the newer model of the 32d25 then it will have progressive scan inputs at the back (three sockets to connect your dvd player.) If you check and see that it does accept progressive scan then its wise to invest in a Ntsc/pal progressive player. Im sure JVC are selling one dont know the model though. I have the Q50 phillips and it is awsome on this tv with the progressive connected!!! Also note that all the good dvd players have the Faroudja chip in them which gives superior picture quality.

I have also seen some plasma tvs and lcd screens that are so expensive yet the picture seems way to processed.

4. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,294
    The P37 did replace the D25 and it can do progressive scan.

5. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +384
    garyb do you now anything about the faint rolling bars when useing rgb on this tv can it be fixed or is it a design fault.

6. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,294
    Following the reports on here I tried assorted (all JVC) DVD players with several P37s and D40s and never seen this. I even tried using the crappiest SCART cables I could find but still can't see any lines. What DVD player are you using?

7. Just Some Ugly

Just Some Ugly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
  8. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,294
    If you can affford the extra, the D40 is certainly worth it. It's an IDTV, Top-Up Compatible, Prog scan, and has lots of other goodies.

Prices are changing fast so it's probably best to check out Kelkoo, Pricerunner or Dealtime.

9. evans

evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    peahead

Ive got my 32d25 connected to the q50 of phillips not through rgb, but ive noticed sometimes not always these faint rolling bars and always on region 1 or ntsc disks. They are so faint though it doesnt bother me.

Do you get them only on dvd playback?

10. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +384
    garyb
    my dvdplayer is a jvc xv-na77sl but it is connected to the component input so i dont get the faint lines s-video is fine composite is fine just rgb that has the faint lines.i have tryed connecting different rgb enabled equipment but i still get the same results just funny jvc havent picked up on this as you now im not the first to point this out.

11. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +384
    Garyb

Do jvc have any plans to update there range of lcd tvs to include hdmi or dvi inputs as i would be more keen to buy one of there tvs if they did.

thanks

12. markfto

markfto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0