Jvc 32" Lcd

J

John Boy

Recieved my JVC 32" on Saturday eventually from Digital Direct, after a two week delay, Picture perfect in TV mode, but when in Sky+ picture not as clever, when watching football, when the movement is fast, the liquid glow seems to follow the players, and picture becomes very blurry, is this right?????
I have replaced all my scart leads, and supplied a quality ariel lead, but to no avail, has anyone got any other ideas that I could try, to make the picture a better quality please???

John::confused:

That's LCD for you. Did you not read up about this first? Due to the screen refresh time fast moving action does tend to suffer from 'lag' to some degeree or other. It is also dependant upon source quality (bandwidth) so with Sky's heavy compression it does often show up more.

So what we are really saying is...there is nothing I can do to change this, and after going with LCD instead of Plasma, I should have gone with the Plasma!!!!

Anyone want to buy a tele????

Have you tried freeview or dvd.

I think you wil find no visible lag if using component esp progressive scan.

Free view should be more robust than sky

Are there any dead pixels or lipsync problems like on my samsung 32inch?

Az

Have you tried freeview or dvd.

I think you wil find no visible lag if using component esp progressive scan.

Free view should be more robust than sky

Are there any dead pixels or lipsync problems like on my samsung 32inch?

Az

I have no dead pixel or lypsinc, and the quality on the DVD is superb, so no quarms there, just my sky!!!
Sorry to be stupid, but what do you mean by esp progreesive scan!!!!

John

I think you will still get an amount of lag on plasma, just not quite as bad. The problem is very much the source material, so unless Sky start upping the bitrates I doubt you will ever remove it completely.

Plasma is better than LCD in certain ways but the converse is also true. It's horses for courses IMO although my 50" plasma gives a way better pic than my 17" WS LCD. Again, just my opinion. Real problem with plasma (and only one for me) is the screen burn concerns. I'm now paranoid to play consoles on my new Pio 504 having had some burn which took over 2 weeks to disappear (so guess it wasn't really burn but still scares you none the less).

I meant with dvd if you have a progressive scan player you should notice even better pics- but this may turn the DIST off as it does with Pixel + on the philips TVs.

If your using it for gaming then LCD is better ( no burn in).The other problem with plasma is sometimes one can get blcokyness with fast moving images instead of lag.

Plasma is much better for blacks and for your buget=pound/inch screen size.

I hope this helps?

The new phillips LCD out immenant and are supposed to have 12ms refresh rates as apposed to most current LCD of 16ms-whether this will make a big difference is yet to be discovered.

What is the detail like on your screen especialy dark seens-one rv i read on the 26inch version was that it was like looking through a window?

It sounds like a good set and the one reason i have not dived in is the lack of PC input and the new phillips LCD screens.

Azz

my thomson 27" seems fine on sky. Where as my Thomson 32" plasma used to go all blocky during football with fast panning

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom