1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC 28T25EK - RGB quality question

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by bobble, Jul 21, 2002.

1. bobble

bobble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    If you have this TV how good do you consider the RGB quality to be. I have read on this forum that the 28R25 has low contrast/is dull, however nobody has complained about this on the T model.

Any opinions would be welcomed, I was looking to purhase the Philips 6006 but have been put off due to poor reports on this forum on the RGB quality.

Thanks in advance.

2. chegz60

chegz60

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just got one. The RGB is a little lacking in contrast on
    Sky (haven't tried DVD as haven't got one yet!). As regards darkness this is not a problem as on the T model you can adjust the brightness.
    Now the down side. Mine is being replaced because the picture is on a 5mm tilt. There is NO tilt adjust on this set! The deflector coils are glued on apparently!
    It is a very nice looking set and picture is very sharp.
    Sound is ok but I have connected 2.1 subwoofer to audio out terminals (Soundworks PC type) which gives a really good surround sound effect and only cost £35.
    Would recommend buying despite problem but make sure you get supplier to set up and check in your home.

Hope this helps?;)

3. bobble

bobble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks, any one else.

In an ideal world I could get a demonstration/buy from a local retailer, but unforyunately where I live the TV is in stock only at Comet and they are not the most helpful people when you ask them more than how to switch the TV on. I did notice that Comet have the JVC AV28T55 (not T25), this is not a mistake on Comet's part as this number is on the back of the TV, anyone know the difference?

Thanks.

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All TVs will let you adjust the brightness on RGB (all those that I've ever played about with anyway). But turning up the brightness won't help make the RGB picture less dull or make it "brighter" (very confusing, I know!). The brightness control only adjusts the "shade of black". So if you turn the brightness up to try and compensate for a dark/dull picture, you'll only end up turning your blacks to greys.

Had a 5mm tilt on my AV28R25 as well. It was very annoying :mad:

I had no problem returning my JVC for a refund because the RGB picture was dull and dark and because I had the 5mm tilt. Presumably, if you buy from a decent retailer, you will not have a problem either - so if you really can't get a demo then maybe suck it and see ;)

5. Phil.LFC

Phil.LFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
  6. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I think JVC believe that the earth's magnetic field only cares about 32" sets and not 28" sets :rolleyes:

I guess 4" isn't much (*holds back on saucy joke*) :p

7. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    So how we getting on with the 32inch model?

I have been tempted to buy this set but have been put off by the tilt and darkness problems associated with the 28inch model.

Does the 32inch model have the same problems with the darkness with RGB?

Have you had to adjust the tilt?

Any other problems we should be aware of?

Thanks!

8. bobble

bobble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Scrapbook, I had not realised what a minefield it was trying to buy a decent 28" TV.

Happy hunting and good luck!