1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jvc 28av R25

Discussion in 'TVs' started by pclarke, Aug 4, 2002.

1. pclarke

pclarke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am thinking of purchasing the JVC 28AV r25 but need an update on the identified problems. Has the tilt and RGB issues been resolved or are they still producing the tv with these issues.

Also, I am looking to purchase the TV, ideally from a high street retailer but want the best price. I live in the coventry area. Any ideas.

Thanks for the help

Pclarke

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No they haven't been resolved because they are designed that way to save costs.

3. bobble

bobble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have just purchased the AV28T25, my screen has no picture tilt, this may be pure luck though?

AS for the RGB picture, the picture quality is superb and extremely vibrant, the picture is slightly dull on dark scenes, this does not bother me personally (perhaps my previous TV was dull as well), if you can I suggest you get a demo of the TV with a dark DVD through RGB.

My final decision was between the Sony 28LS35 or the JVC model and the wife prefered the JVC, so took a gamble on it. So far I am very happy.

In this price range I think it is pure luck as to weather you get a good one!

EDIT: I think CHEZ60? is getting the new Toshiba 28" wide screen this week, he has had two bad JVC set's if you are not in a rush it may be worth waiting for his opinions on this set!

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kind of. Tilt is caused by the Earth's geomagnetic field. Luckily, the position that you have placed your TV in and the direction it is facing, have not resulted in any tilt. :)

Although yours is the T25 rather than the R25, try watching the S-Video picture and compare the two in case the S-video picture is better (more contrast). :)

5. bobble

bobble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Squirell

As soon as the Sony DAVS550 is released I am planning to buy one, this will then be connected by S-Video, it will be interesting to see what difference this makes.

Last night I ran the T2 THX test on my dads 32"Philpis 100Hz W/S (not sure of model it is a couple of years old though), and the picture was not as visible on the THX logo test screen as my JVC, his screen also has a lot of curvature in all four corenrs which I dont have, this may be because his is not a true flat screen.

I think the best advice anyone can give is if possible get a demo from a good local retailer, unfortunately where I live only Comet had this model in stock, when I asked about RGB I got the 'Dime Bar' look.

6. chegz60

chegz60

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After having 2 av28t25's I don't think the Earth Magnatism is so much the problem as just poor assembly. As 'booble' said his is fine and I tried re-positioning both so leads me to beleive this to be the case.

I seem to remember (Could be wrong?) the box saying "Manufactured in UK"!:D