1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC 28" Question!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Grenaldo, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Grenaldo

Grenaldo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi people,

Need some Expert Advice here plz :D

i have been advised that the JVC AV28X4 is a very good quality crt tv for around £400, it has a 'best buy' award from what video widescreen tv mag.

My question is, what is the difference between this and another model i have found, the JVC AV-28X37. I can't see much difference between the two, and have found the 2nd for only £325 at:

http://www.ajelectronics.co.uk/ViewProdDetails.asp?prod_code=PON20048131459

However i cant see any reviews or opinions on this model, picture quality is the most important to me, but whichever i get must have a flat screen.

If Anybody could advise me on which is the best, or what the difference is, i would very much appreciate it :lease:

Thanks guys

Stephen

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    X37 hmmm i think is an older model replaced by the X4 IIRC try www.jvc.co.uk for more info!

3. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,264
    Hornydragon is correct, the X4 is the replacement for the X37. The X4 does offer slightly better picture quality as it uses a newer generation processor as well as a few extra facilities such as picture/text mode. It also has a different cabinet - similar to the D40 IDTV but without the two-tone finish. As with most things in life, you pays your money, etc.