1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JVC 26" LCD TV

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by EdwardDAL, May 16, 2004.

1. EdwardDAL

EdwardDAL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, does anyone have any experience with this tv (the model is LT26C31)? What is it like, and what is a good price to pay for one?

Thanks for your help

2. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    don't know about a good price but seen it in high street for £2000 with free dvd/av system
    this is my favourite screen!
    Picture quality is much better than most and certainly compared to it's price and it actually looks quite cool too.

3. rags

rags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +300
    Saw it Costco today for about £1550 (I think) with a 3 year guarantee !

4. vc820

vc820
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PRC direct are selling them for £1370. I've just bought mine from them. My initial findings of the JVC are mildly disapointing. First up the screen has one dead sub pixel, not too much of a problem it only shows up when the background is blue and in fairness I can't see it from the distance I sit. Secondly, The contrast is very poor making it difficult to see what's going on in dark scenes. Thirdly, the sound output from the onboard speakers causes the casework to resonate at certain frequencies even at quite moderate levels. Fourth, I'm finding the image to be rather dull especially with DVD connected via component with progressive scan enabled. I'm sure the various JVC's I viewed before I bought mine had a brighter picture. Five, there is some breakthrough of the backlight in certain portions of the screen especially noticable during dark scenes. In defence of the JVC I've only had it a few days and the picture quality has noticably improved in that time. I only hope that running it for a few more days will help settle it down. I also need to calibrate the screen to get the best out of it once I fully understand all the features and functions it has onboard. So until then the jury is still out.

5. EdwardDAL

EdwardDAL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, thanks for your reply's. I got one from eBay (brand new) for £1120. Although I am having second thoughts. I am not sure that I can actually justify spending THAT much on what is just a tv. So I am not sure what to do at the moment, and ideas? :confused:

6. EdwardDAL

EdwardDAL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, how can you access the service menu on this tv? I found it somewhere on the forum, but can't seem to find it anymore!

Thanks

7. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,264
    Press "i" and Audio Mute simultaneously. Be very careful and make sure you write down any values before changing them.

8. EdwardDAL

EdwardDAL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What settings can you change in this menu?

9. vc820

vc820
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just thought that I'd let everyone know that the JVC can accept an interlaced image in both PAL and NTSC via it's component inputs. The instruction manual leads you to believe that you can use progressive only. Also most reviews I've read of it seem to also make this point. So maybe it's something that JVC added to later production runs of the unit. I can't see any difference between the interlaced or progressive images portrayed on the screen though. Seems the JVC has a pretty good built in de-interlacer then.