JVC 26" LCD - Ghosting

A

Axe

A month or so ago I bought the JVC 26" LCD TV. I've noticed that when watching either fast moving images (eg sport), or particularly programmes where there are closeups of faces, that there is a lot of "drag" around the image - I guess this is what others have referred to as ghosting or blurring.

Question is - is this a feature of LCD technology per se, a problem with my set, a problem with this specific brand and model, or an artifact of the TV signal coming in ? In other threads I've read statements that modern LCD technology should not ghost.

The feed into the TV is a standard RF coming out of an NTL feed (ie not a digitial cable signal, but just the freebie terrestrial channels.)

Would a swap to a digibox help at all ? Should I be complaining to JVC ? Or is there anything I can do in the setup of the unit to try to reduce the effect ?

It's very irritating..... any advice very welcome

A better signal may help, have you got a DVD hooked up if so and DVD exhibits the same lag it wont be the feed, i have never seen Lag on the 26" JVC but i havent sat and watched it for more than 10 minutes at atime.

Thanks for the advice - hooked up a DVD player via the component input and it's certainly a lot better than the TV feed.

So - if we've established that the RF feed is crummy (why would this be - too little info, or too slow ?) - should I theoretically get a better result if I hooked up a Freeview STB ?

Axe

freeveiw should work better but you will need an external aerial (wont work with ntl coax line) If your not using DVD on the set then a netgem which will output component would be great. Otherwise any box really.

Curioser and curioser (!)

Had a substantial swap around of inputs yesterday. (BTW I have DVD recorder as you'll see below.)

RF input (ie TV) - grainy and ghosty as mentioned previously
DVD (Component) - pinsharp
DVD - scart (S Video) - pretty grainy and ghosty

.. and now the weird one ....

Replay of a TV programme, recorded onto DVD via RF input, but played back into the TV through the component - pretty sharp !!!

So it's not down to to the RF quality at all since I can record a decent picture from it. Basically, all inputs of any type, other than via the component input, give a crummy result.

This seems pretty odd to me.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom