JVC 17" LCD TV

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by ramtec, May 21, 2004.

Tags:
  1. ramtec

ramtec
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just purchased a JVC 17" LCD to replace my 17" Samsung LCD Monitor 172W due to the fact of being able to watch TV without using the PC. They can go up to the same resolution 1280x768 but I must say I am deeply disappointed with the JVC when used in PC mode to the point I may go back to my Samsung. The picture seems far inferior to that of the Samsung; the picture is grainy and not as sharp. I am using the same analogue lead not a DVI and have tried all the adjustments on the JVC but the picture still sucks. Anyone else got one of these and can shed some light onto my problems?

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,999
    Try reducing the refresh rate on your graphics card to the lowest frequency it will support at your required resolutrion - then let the TV go through it's auto adjustment for clock & phase again.

3. ramtec

ramtec
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Nigel for replying.

I've tried this and the lowest refresh rate of the graphics card is 56Hertz but the JVC doesn't support this so I have set it to 60Hertz. Every time I run the auto setup the clock and phase varies also the TV sometimes goes into standby but will not switch back on (when left overnight) and the only way to get it to respond to the remote or buttons on the unit itself is to power it off and back on at the mains.

4. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,999
    Hard to be sure, but what you describe shouldn't, I think, be happening. Certainly its sudden power down and refusal to power up indicates that it isn't very well. I haven't any more suggestions. Sorry.

5. redface

redface
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Take it back and get a refund. I orignally bought 2 of these (kitchen and bedroom) but a combination of dead pixels (tried about 5 different screens both in JL and at home) and a very annoying beeping in the speakers led me to take both back and get my money back. Currently seeking a suitable, good looking, 17" - I like the Sony but the price is high at £680. Anyway I hate these JVC machines - yes they look good but the problems and the pic quality leave a lot to be desired.