Juzminators sick 737.

BadAss

Ex Member
Reaction score
Juz,

Hear yor having problems with the picture quality on yor 737. I have to say I haven't seem anything like what you descibed on mine.
If there's a specific DVD you would like me to look at the I'd be happy to. The only help I can offer at the moment is the list of my setting as follows:-

YNR 0
CNR 0
MNR 0
BNR 0
Sharpness high MAX
Sharpness mid MAX
Detail MAX
White Level MID
Black Level MID
Black Setup 0IRE
Hue MID
Chroma Level MAX
Chroma Delay 3/4

The Chroma Delay gives a shadow/Ghosting effect around objects but is easily seen around the OSG's.

These settings give me an excellent picture on a 46" Toshiba WH08B. Hope this helps.
I use the component inputs as this gives a slightly stabler image than the RGB.

Regards Kev.

Juz,
Check your PM's

BadAss,
I find for NTSC material (on my TV) it's better to have the Hue on Max, it takes the green tint on the actor’s faces off. I noticed the green tint particularly on "The Haunting". Try it and let me know if it works for you, or it just might be how my TV is setup!

Cheers
Ace

Thanks for the advice guys - sorry I haven't checked back with you for a while - been here and there :rolleyes:

The most noticable offender for the "red jaggies" problem is the "New Line" logo at the start of Blade R2, as it spins into view - this is an actual "in film" logo and not one of the crappy trailer types - I've tried the 737 on the Toshiba 2539 (4:3) and the Panny PK1 32" - both display them very badly - the Panny, however did a good job of removing the red jaggies I experienced in Starship Troopers R1 - (of course, all of these jaggies are only noticable to me, and not the missus....).

If either of you (or anyone out there with a Pioneer 737 and Blade R2 for that matter) could check out this film on this player and let me know the results, I would be extremely grateful.

Once again, thanks to everyone on the forum who has offered their help and support on this and other matters ;)

Juz :)

[ 18-04-2001: Message edited by: Juzminator ]

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom