Justice League Unlimited scheduling?

castle

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've been taping JLU on Toonami 8-9pm Friday's to watch the two new episodes they air each week and much to my dismay this Friday's hour was a repeat of two season one episodes. They should have been episodes from the middle of Season two. As this series has a continuing 'conspiracy theory' called 'Project Cadmus' this is most irritating.

Does anyone know if the two episodes shown during the week (Monday 8 Aug 17:30 and Thursday 11 Aug 17:30) were 2.6 Double Date and 2.7 Clash (With Captain Marvel).

The episodes shown during Toonami's 'Destination Friday' repeat zone were 1.5 Kid Stuff and 1.6 This little Piggy.

Failing that, does anyone know an email address or telephone number for Toonami? I believe the company is a spin off from Cartoon Network and both are owned by Turner Broadcasting.

Many thanks for any help.

Mark

The schedule appears to have been completely mucked up.

The two episodes which should have been last week were Double Date and Clash. (These did get shown on the weekend repeats) I think some of the Destination friday shows were the widescreen versions too, but that's been dropped as well.

Last night's episode shown have been Question Authority, but instead they showed Cat and the Canary again.

Not a very good way to show a great programme.

Thanks for the reply and additional info, WTF are Toonami doing with what is arguably their only show that attracts adult viewers (now that Clone Wars has finished)?

Pooch, as our resident TV God, do you have any contact details for Toonami? Cartoon network or Turner broadcasting I could harass about this?

Regards

Mark

Hi All,

Has anyone tried to record the shows(Mon and Thurs) using the planner on Sky+ as when i try,which has been every week,it disappears.
Not even a failed recording or any evidence of me setting it to record???.
So it would be nice to know if and when Toonami repeated the episodes IN ORDER.

Dabs said:
Hi All,

Has anyone tried to record the shows(Mon and Thurs) using the planner on Sky+ as when i try,which has been every week,it disappears.
Not even a failed recording or any evidence of me setting it to record???.
So it would be nice to know if and when Toonami repeated the episodes IN ORDER.

I gave up long ago trying to do that on Toonami. I just schedule the recording manually in Sky+ - much easier. I also start it 5 mins earlier and finish it 5 mins later as I find the Toonami's timings can be a bit shaky sometimes.

Was disappointed with the repeat of Cat and the Canary. I just wish they'd stop mucking around with the schedules. Drives me nuts!!! :mad:

HI,

TV God - moi?! Ah, thanks peeps! :) and :blush:

I know this is going to sound obvious, but please be polite when airing your concerns as to scheduling. "Toonami" is a small channel, operated within the UK division of Turner Network Entertainment, who - in turn - are owned and operated by Warned Bros in the USA. As such, "Toonami" may not have much clout about what episodes are shown/not shown, as their scheduling may come from senior staff at Warners! Like I say, if you're polite about this kind of issue, you should get some kind of reasonable response. :lesson: Okay, well, Toonami in the UK can be contacted as follows.

WWW - Toonami Official Website

Phone - 0207-693-1000 (ask for the Toonami Viewer Enquiries department)

Address - Turner Cartoon Network, Turner House, 16 Great Marlborough Street, London, W1F 7HS.

Good Luck! :)

Pooch

Thanks Pooch, I've called the number and spoken with a helpful lady called Anna. She took all the details and will have someone from programming call me back. (Quite embarrasing telling another adult that the episode was called This Little Piggy!)

I'll let you know what I find out.

Regards

Mark

OK.

Anna called me back. She's spoken with the programming department and apparently they have altered the repeat schedule for Destination Friday so that the two new JLU episodes are now shown between 16:30 - 17:30.

She mentioned that one of their shows had finished last week which meant they could now show the JLU new episodes at the earlier (and from their perspective 'better') time.

The original time slot of 20:00 - 21:00 is still JLU but are season 1 episodes.

I forgot to ask why this Monday's episode (reported on this forum as 'Cat and Canary') wasn't 2.8 but until I see what airs on Friday between 16:30 and 17:30 I'm going to leave it at that as Anna was very helpful.

If it's not 2.8 and 2.9, I'll call her on Monday and we'll go from there.

It looks like Toonami changed their schedule with out telling anyone (thanks guys), but the proof is in the viewing.

Thanks again for the contact details Pooch.

Regards

Mark

Hi

This will hopefully be my final post on the subject:

Anna was correct and the 16:30 - 17:30 Friday repeat did indeed show Question Authority and Hunters Moon.

They must have shown them in the wrong order though as QA ends on a cliff hanger and HM is a stand alone story (which featured a background appearance by the Question) so should have been on first.

With only four episodes left, lets hope Toonami don't change the schedule again as I'd hate to miss any of these now that the remaining stories all deal with CADMUS.

Cheers

I've seen the final five episodes now - downloaded them as I got fed up with waiting for Toonami to sort themselves out.

If you get the chance to see them all in one sitting, I'd recommend it. "Panic in the Sky" & "Divided We Fall" are on another level.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom