1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Justice is done for a change.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by stealther, Oct 10, 2005.

1. stealther

stealther

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    A little over a year ago my fiancées uncle grandfather-of-six Kevin Burns was stabbed and left paralysed the story below is taken from www.thisisplymouth.co.uk but I’am having immense trouble accessing the site so the article is quoted below.

The report is very accurate and describes what our family have been through over the past 12 months. The only thing missing is the fact that Kevin’s mom was so overcome with the stress over what had happened to her son that she passed away during the court case. Though very likely she could have died this year anyway understandably the family have attributed her death to nothing less than another victim of this evil man.

As a family we are very relieved that this is finally over and we hope that Daniel Scott never breathes free air again.

Thanks for reading :)

2. shahedz

shahedz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,203
    this guy went on a rampage because his girlfreind dumped him!! i hope this guys gets all thats coming to him when the old fellas in jail spot young blood like him in the showers!! best wishes to you and your fiances family

3. stealther

stealther

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    Thanks for the kind words. Obviously what ever happens to him inside he richly deserves :)

4. mrtbag

mrtbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    Stealther,

I feel for the situation your in. One of my cousins was murdered earlier this year. He had gone round to a neighbors house who had recently split with his wife, to offer a shoulder to cry on. A few beers later he left thinking he'd given the guy some decent advice about moving on etc. Later that night Peter was walking down the street, and the guy decided to take a baseball bat to him. The guy had carried on drinking and flew into a rage. We sat around many a night asking Why? Why? Why? But the truth of the matter is there aren't any answers. The offender is now serving a life sentence, yet it is my family that have the difficult task of trying to move on.

I send my best wishes to you and your family and hope you can get back to some form of 'normality' as soon as possible.

MrTbag

5. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    Stealther

I am so sorry you and your family have had this happen to you. I hope the scum bastard rots in jail and gets butt ****ed daily. The man doesnt desrve to breath the same air as we do.

Mr Tbag

I am also sorry for your loss. Very sad indeed. :(

6. shahedz

shahedz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,203

that is terrible, almost makes you think, is it worth helping people out?
    cant believe both these events were alcohol fuelled. when i drink i get happier! and if i am upset ( when my dad passed away) i made sure i didnt drink for a good month so i didnt become dependent on alcohol! mr T Bag best wishes to you as well.

7. stealther

stealther

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    I agree terrible thing to happen. My sympathies to you also mrtbag

I have never had a violent moment on alcohol it just sends me cuckoo usually or to sleep. :)

8. mrtbag

mrtbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    Same with me, I even pass out before I get the chnace to be sick. Do you think this sort of violent behaviour has increased in society recently, or has it always been there, but not reported on so much? It disturbs me how often you hear the shooting/stabbing stories on the news from accross the country these days.

9. stealther

stealther

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    I think violent crime is defiantly on the up. We are always hearing about one thing or another it really makes you despair for society sometimes.

I often think that the scenario of ‘no one feels safe any more’ has contributed to the success of internet communities such as this one. Where people can come together and exchange ideas without any fears of physical intimidation.

10. Nightbreed

Nightbreed
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to hear what happened, at least justice has been done as you said. I've been reading these forums for a while now and its so refreshing to see people helping each other out, not just about what kit to buy etc etc. I read about a guy with ME who couldn't get out and needed help with some stuff and everyone was so supportive. Another guy's family was getting harassed and again, loads of people offered moral support and even tech support about helping him install a hidden camera to record evidence.

I was posted to the London hospitals the day the bombs went off in London and dealt with a lot of the bereaved families and the questions were always "why?"

Will we ever know the answer......

All the best to you and your family mate.

11. la gran siete

la gran siete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Deep in the bowels of sussex where the angloargies
    Ratings:
    +1,766
    Alkcohol, just accentuates whatever mood ones in at least that is what I find . Makes me do daft ,stupid things( which I sometimes regret afterwards) like taking my kit off and streaking in someones party( many years ago)People with a violent disposition should avoid it like the plague.They have obviously deep seated issues which come out in the form of violence.