Just wired a new headunit

daftpunk1

No problems really, favourites were not changing so swapped the red and yellow wires about.

Although when I turn car off it takes 60 seconds for the headunit to power off, is there no way to make this instant.

Main problem is when I unlock the car, the headunit turns on by itself before the key is even inserted.

I was told this is due to me fitting a non multiplex headunit into a car that has multiplex wiring and a wire must be disconnected from the back of the headunit but the guy who told me couldnt remember which one.

Does this make any sense to anybody??

g1dtf

Unfortunately there are too nany variations on wiring for both cars and headunits so without more info its difficult to offer any sugestions.

Andy.

daftpunk1

Well my car is a 2002 peugeot 307 and I wired this headunit,

Ripspeed DVD733B DVD/CD/MP3 Player from Halfords Was £179.99 Save £60.00 Price £119.99 Web Offer! 10% Off Selected Car Audio. Discount applied in basket

The same problem is also appearing in my wifes car which is also a peugeot, its a 2003 206, with this headunit wired,

JVC KD-SC401 Pink CD/MP3 Player from Halfords Was £109.99 Save £30.00 Price £79.99

So really it must be down to the car being a peugeot. I have also been checking if it was just the drivers door that turned it but every door is turning on the cd player, even when opening the boot.

g1dtf

If you have a voltmeter it may be worth checking to see if you get a voltage change on any of your connected wires when the door is opened. It is strange that you have the same prob on 2 cars with different headunits.

Andy.

james.miller

turn the unit off before it goes in to 'standby' (its not actually standby but thats effectly what happens) and it shouldnt turn back on again. my kenwood does the same in my ph1 citreon xsara and tbh i think its a pretty nifty feature lol.

...anyway, doesnt it have a removable face? it doesnt start up without the face does it?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom