1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just when you think it's all working......

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by DaveP, Feb 10, 2005.

1. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, after over a month of trying I finally have my HS20 showing a 1:1 image. The "blue sky" desktop has a deep blue column on each side but hey, I can live with that! At least Media Centre runs in the correct mode and gives an excellnet picture from my Black Gold card.

Full of joy I tried to play a DVD with WinDVD 6 and it plays fine on my primary monitor but when I drag the application over to the pj the screen goes black. That's the DVD player screen. I can still see the desktop behind it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dave

2. sean.pittaway

sean.pittaway
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    set the projector as the primary display and i think the problem will be reversed :)

3. drummerjohn

drummerjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Only the primary monitor will disply the overlay.

4. hebawom

hebawom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Download ultramon.
    All you need to do is press CTR+Z and it shifts everything thats on your primary screen onto your secondary screen including overlays (perhaps it changes which is primary?) Not sure how it works, but it'd definitely solve the problem, I use it and its great - and free!!

5. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, that explains it.

Thanks, I'll try that. I can't live with the pj being the primary display, sad to say. I couldn't afford the new bulbs every few weeks! Plus, my wife would leave me!

Dave