Just watched U-571

FreiKorps

Standard Member
Just watched U-571.Thought it was great film well acted , with an interesting and simple storyline.Surround sound effects were nice (when the sub dives , Noises when the spoons ect fall off the table ,torpedos).
And Im also thinking of buying Schindlers list .Is it worth it?.I'v heard good things about that film.

ELV

Pity how the yanks once again bent reality out of all recognition, but then again they did mention it in the little disclaimer at the end. Watch K19 Widowmaker or Das Boot for good sound in subs,for subs.

Lex

Novice Member
Yeah, the historical inaccuracies kind of spoilt it for me too...

Moving to Movies & TV forum...

figlio

Standard Member
u-571 have very good reviews for sound. you need a very good subwoofer

Schindlers list is a film with a very good story but is not enterteinment but one of the nicest films if you like this genre

Ian J

Banned
Originally posted by FreiKorps
Im also thinking of buying Schindlers list .Is it worth it?.I'v heard good things about that film.

I hope that it'll be cheaper than normal as it is only black & white and I'm not paying the same as I would for a colour film.

FreiKorps

Standard Member
Originally posted by Ian J
I hope that it'll be cheaper than normal as it is only black & white and I'm not paying the same as I would for a colour film.
Saw a banner at the top of the av formums page its an advertisment for schindlers list dvd says in the special features that it has colour.Looks a bit expensive though $32 :eek:

GrahamC

Novice Member
If you ajust your eyeballs by tweaking your left ear the colour will come back. :clap:

SanPedro

Schindlers List is a fantastic film but a complete opposite to U571.

U571 is pure popcorn entertainment whereas Schindlers List is much more gritty and thoughtful. It's also quite different in tone to Saving Private Ryan (even though they are WW2 films both directed by Spielberg).

The grittiness and realism is there in both but Schindlers List is more subtle. it ain't no action film.

HTH

CL

Setenza

Novice Member
Ian, you'll have to pay the full price as the film does include some colour (The little girls red coat).

But you may get a discount as the yanks can't spell it right (color).

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom