• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

just watched shrek 2

Ewan154

Just watched shrek 2 last night...and really enjoyed it :D :rotfl:

I'm 29 years old :eek:

pmc

I watched it a couple of weeks ago and though it was excellent. Very funny and amzingly well made.

And I'm 32 :suicide:

The Incredibles is even better :thumbsup:

L

Lionheart

Im 44 and I watch all those kind of films...although Tom and Jerry are still my favs :)

sbowler

Its great to watch these types of film, I remember taking my boy (or did he take me?) to see Finding Nemo. I think I laughed louder than anyone, great film.:thumbsup:

chrislad

Took you long enough. It's been on DVD for near to a year ;)

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
I watched this on DVD last week and thoroughly enjoyed it. What I found strange though, is that I didn't enjoy it (or found it funny) when I watched it in the cinema. I loved every minute when watching it at home, maybe I was tired when I watched it at the cinema or something! :rolleyes:

Seth Gecko

retired member
Dave-S said:
does anyone know why the bar keepers voice , which should have been larry king, is Jonathan blooming ross in the uk version? :confused:
Think it was an "international" thing - they changed Joan Rivers to Kate Thornton or something as well IIRC (Can't remember - wasn't impressed with it)

Mendes

I didnt enjoy it at all, wasnt a patch on the first which i love. I think that The incredibles, Monsters inc and Finding Nemo were far superior and own the last 3 on dvd and watch them regularly.

Razor

Distinguished Member
Try Robots on for size. :)

Ewan154

I'm going to get "The Incredibles, Shrek and Finding Nemo" next :thumbsup:

Kopite4Ever

i find these type of films have gotten worse over the years for me. i adored toy story, its sequel and the earlier pixar type films. incredibles did nothing for me i cant say i laughed once. original shrek was ok shrek 2 was poor IMO and i didnt care for nemo at all. monsters inc i found funny maybe its just as im getting older they dont appeal to me as much

Pbryanw

Dave-S said:
So I take it that dream works think us poor people in the uk would not be able to understand larry king of joan rivers then :rotfl: :rotfl:
So they chose Jonathon Ross, who as we know is a lot easier to understand :)

Razor

Distinguished Member
Valhoudini said:
So they chose Jonathon Ross, who as we know is a lot easier to understand :)

Yesth :D

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Mendes said:
I didnt enjoy it at all, wasnt a patch on the first which i love.

I did enjoy the second one but thought the first one stands up better for repeat viewing.

grimoor

I enjoyed it, but I thought the animation was a bit wooden compare to pixar films.

As for Robots I didn't laugh at anything and was looking at my watch to see when I could leave the cinema.

BAN5HEE

I've seen previews of Ice Age 2. I hope it's as good as the first one was.

L

Lionheart

Dave-S said:
I felt very disapointed with shrek 2, did not find it any where near as good as the first, And does anyone know why the bar keepers voice , which should have been larry king, is Jonathan blooming ross in the uk version? :confused:
OMG not Jonathan Ross....I'd rather have a cat with terminal flatulence doing the voice over...why do people hire this man

kevH

Just watched Shrek 2 over an over on a portable whilst on holiday !!!!!!!! No more please !!! (little ones 2 yr old and loves it !!)

Ps Whens Ice Age 2 out i thought that IA 1 was one of the best ever both sound and quality. My local Bang & Olufsen store uses that to demo surround sound !!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom