1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just watched RING...scary movie ???

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Koosnaff, Oct 4, 2001.

1. Koosnaff

Koosnaff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had 'Ring' arrive today, and just finished watching it. Not really sure what to make of it. I was a bit dissapointed as I'd settled myself down for a real scare, but to be quite honest, I didn't find it scary at all.
    I'm not saying it was a bad film. It certainly had a tension that built quite steadily, but it didn't 'disturb' me in the same way that Blair Witch Project did first time I watched that.

So, the question is what next?

I am looking for something that will give me the creeps - What Lies Beneath has been recommended by some, slated by others so not sure about that. Its been so long since I saw a film that made me jump or gave me tingles. I have Audition on order, so hopefully that will be more impressive.
    As mentioned on a previous post, the last film that actually scared me while I was watching it was an old film called The Changeling with George C Scott, and that was about 11 years ago !

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Koosnaff,

Try watching "Ring" with the lights off, after midnight.... then you'll be begging to find someone to snuggle up to at night, for weeks!!

You could try getting "Ring 2", and "Ring 0" (when it comes out on R2 DVD)!

As for the BW comparison... Sorry, but BW was as scary as realising that Bungle off Rainbow is just a man dresses up as a bear.

Pooch