Just watched 'Dark Skies'...........

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by gargoyle, Nov 7, 2005.

1. gargoyle

gargoyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    And I'm a little puzzled - I watched this series when it first came out some years ago and in the sequence when the autopsy is being performed on the posessed farmer, they cut open the top of his skull whereupon the agents are surprised by a nasty parasite lurking within which creates all sort of chaos - a grisely sequence indeed, but having just watched it on ITV4, they're about to perform the autopsy when the alien pops out through his mouth - whats going on? :confused:

2. Barbara2001

Barbara2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Wasn't that an operation on a woman later in the series?

3. apul

apul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Was it cut? I seem to remember it being abit more grizzely last time. But I was yong then.
    Nice to see its back on though.

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,834
    Does Dark Skies ever come to a satisfactory conclusion? It was cancelled after one series and I remember talk that it was going to be a five year 'arc' with each new season set in a new decade (abit like Taken turned out to be then).

I never watched Dark Skies but recorded them on S-VHS. When the series was cancelled I never got around to watching the episodes but didn't erase them either.

5. gargoyle

gargoyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    No, it was definitely the farmer - I recall the sequence as it really gave me the willies at the time especially as they were having an hell of a time trying to extract the parasite - theres no way this would have been shown pre-watershed as it was far too gory so I believe that a milder alternative sequence was filmed to be shown pre watershed.

6. davet010

davet010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    The series sort of dribbled away into nothingness, the acting was always quite poor and got progressively worse, and they never seemed to know which way the show was going.

I do seem to remember that Jeri Ryan (aka 7 of 9) makes some appearances later on as a Russian agent of some sort, so it may be worth hanging on that long.

:D

7. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,747
    There was no ending to the series it ended on a cliff hanger. It was suppose to go through US history and put a new slant on what happened in each decade, each series a new decade till it came up to date.

The series I personally though started good then after a few episodes started too go downhill but later of when Jeri Ryan joined it took up again. The series ended in 1997 in Feb 1998 the actor who plays Frank Bach J.T. Walsh died, so even if they was going to continue the series they would have had to do without him.

There was talk of continuing it on radio, but never found any more info.

8. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    I never saw this first time round and only caught the last quarter of an hour, but it wasn't really what I thought, and after finding out it was axed and never ended wondered if it's now worth remembering in future.

9. west

west

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    when was it on & what time....ahhhhhhhhh is it repeated :eek: :rolleyes:

10. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi West,

Dark Skies airs each Monday night at 8pm on ITV4. There is no repeat of any of the episodes, I'm afraid! So far, you've missed the feature-length Pilot Movie, which aired on Monday night (7th November)! The show lasts for just 20 episodes, of which Episodes 1 and 2, form the Pilot Movie.

Pooch

11. west

west

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks pooch, it just seems like I'm going to have to wait for another re-run. I'm quite annoyed that I missed the first two episodes because I've been waiting years for another chance to see dark skies!