1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just wait

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by delta, Oct 9, 2001.

1. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm surprised by the number of guys who can't wait for some new DVD title to arrive on their doorstep. Why is it such a big deal to have it before anyone else or before its release date. Does it matter?

2. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,078
    Dave,
    I totally agree with you, some people just can't wait and expect their DVD's yesterday.
    Because a firm takes 10 days to deliver does this make them a bad company? And when you add to that problems with much reduced flights between the US and UK, and still they demand their titles NOW.

I look for the best price and customer service, but if my discs are delayed a few days so what!

I do agree some people have had trouble getting discs for genuine bad service, but you only seem to hear about bad service, never good experiences.

Maybe that should be a new thread.......in fact........ :D

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Delta,

It's not always a case of us customers demanding our DVD's yesterday. No one can deny that it's great when a disc/discs arrive through the door, before official release dates.

However, when DVD's that have been pre-ordered to arrive on or before the official release, and then don't turn up until after other people have got theirs, then it kind of makes a mockery of the whole system.

If I pre-order a title, I expect a company to get it to me (short of extenuating circumstances) by the official release date, and not two or three weeks later. I also expect that if one company can do this, then so should pretty much all the others be able too. This is even more important when it comes to Limited Edition or Boxed Sets.

Maybe this makes me an idiot, but sometimes companies seem to blame other people, rather than accepting that they themselves have made the mistake.

This is why I tend to stick to one e-tailer, and make sure I e-mail them and tell them when they've done a good job. It helps build up a customer/company relationship that is invaluable. It's also why I constantly recommend my e-tailer to others, despite their being cheaper e-tailers out there.

Just my opinion, however...

Pooch

4. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    im one of those people who cant wait for dvd`s or anything really in general.an i have no idea why im like that lol i just dont know i need it and i needed it yesterday.im the same with clothes trainers anything really dvd`s are just another item i need before my mates lol :D