Just used my PS3 to view pictures on my Pioneer plasma. Wow!

Jules

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't often frequent this part of the forums, but just had to share my views on this today.

I originally bought my 60GB PS3 as a stop-gap Blu-ray player only. 9 months on and it is no longer a stop gap PS3 player... it's probably the only Blu-Ray player I'll ever need.

I then marvelled at the wireless streaming of mp3's, the internet browsing and yes, a limited amount of gaming.

Anyway, my Dad is quite a keen photographer and I suggested we tried to view his holiday snaps from the memory card via the PS3 on my Pioneer 4280 plasma.

I'm staggered! The picture quality was phenominal, browsing through the pictures on the PS3 was a breeze, and the ability to zoom in and around a picture with the controller thumb sticks was easy, fast and brilliant quality.
Even zooming really close in, the PS3 was scaling the images beautifully.

Rotating the images was equally simple with a touch of the triggers on teh controller.
Even better, we could you view the digital camera's movies off the same memory card.

I'm slowly becoming a bit of a PS3 promoter and make no apology for it.
The more I learn about what it can do, and more importantly the quality with which it can do it, the more I believe Sony have produced the ultimate all in 1 home entertainment package.

Last edited:
Yeah it's a good bit o' kit the PS3 :thumbsup:

Glad your enjoying it like most of us here :smashin:

Load "Pink Floyd, Division Bell" and play it back with our planet floating about on the panel, with all the writing removed, that really blows the visitors socks off !!:smashin:

Yeah it is a great job with photos. I have it hooked up to my 1080p Samsung LCD and when my mum came around recently I showed her my holiday snaps, she was literally amazed. I don't think she will be willing to fork out for a PS3 just to watch photo slideshows, but maybe one day when the price gets lower.

I know what you mean about the photos.

Think Sony made a big mistake removing the memory card readers from the 40GB version. OK, memory card readers are cheap enough, but when you've got a nice PS3 setup in your living room, you dont want to see something sticking out of it via a cable. With the 60GB, it's nice and compact stuck away discreetly under the flap.

I may appear pedantic, but thats just the way I feel :mad:

The Photo Album slideshow option never fails to impress too. :thumbsup:

I have 4 years worth of photos on my PC which I share with my PS3.
It's amazing how many times we look at them since we got the PS3 :thumbsup:

The Photo Album slideshow option never fails to impress too. :thumbsup:

Yeah, the slideshow where it throws all your photo's down onto a white background is fantastic!! :smashin:

Can I put some photos onto a memory stick, plug it into the front of the PS3 and view them that way? And how would I get the slideshow to work?

Many thanks!

Can I put some photos onto a memory stick, plug it into the front of the PS3 and view them that way? And how would I get the slideshow to work?

Many thanks!

Yep, that's what I do, you don't even need to have photos on the USB stick with proper PS3 folders, as long as your USB stick/drive is readable, put drive in and press triangle to tell the PS3 to display all and then locate the folder on the drive

plugged my HDD Cam. into playstation to see if I could use it to back up the bugger (thought it was worth a try..didnt work) an then noticed all my movie clips an pics in the relevent folders.....much easier than downloading onto the p.c. :thumbsup: ...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom