just upgraded from a sony830 to a yama750se

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by SILVERBACK, Sep 21, 2004.

Tags:
  1. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    everything and i do mean everything is fresher tighter punchier and sweeter.i was expecting a better amp especially considering mine was getting on a bit but in its day it wasnt a bad amp at all.the leaps and bounds that are the sound quality difference in both amps is superb.but there are a few things i dont like compared to the 830

1,those sill bannana plugs at the back,the way you have to pop the plastic out to fit the connectors into them is a bit dodgy imho.

2,the remote,jesus that has to be one of the ugliest remotes and colour schemed buttons i have ever seen lol i mean yellow,clear,turqouise all on a black remote :nono:

3,no flap for the front av inputs.

4,the headphone jack,i dont like the idea of having to plug in and out to get sound out of the amp.on the 830 there was a switch to let you choose,which i prefer.

5,two power buttons what the fudge :suicide:

all these are small points considering i payed a lot less than i did for the 830 about 4-5 years ago but i still have to point it out.

also does anyone know if i can change the display to show the input channel eg DVD instead of sur. standard? if not this could be number 6 lol.

2. RemotecUK

RemotecUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1. Agreed, that caught me out at 1st and I took the banana plugs off my cables.
    2. I like the remote! Compared to my last Marantz is really good. Plus some of tbe buttons glow in the dark.
    3. Dont mind personally.
    4. Again not an issue for me personally but I can see what you are saying.
    5. Not sure on the reason for this.

Tim.

3. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    6,build quality,i work nights so i need headphones when i come home in the morning to listen to stuff and i do get a lot of use out of my amp in the morning,but having owned it for a few days i have to say the shell is somewhat flimsy compared to the 830.round the back when i was pushing in the bannana plugs you could actually feel the back panel giving way and it wasnt like that with the 830 when i attached my plugs into that.also when i plug in the headphones it doesnt feel as solid either imho.

point 3.i just think it looks neater with the connections covered up at the front,alot more pleasing on the eye imho.

4. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
    It sounds like a saftey issue. Some EU countries use a 4mm 2 pin plug/socket outlet which will fit nicely into the speaker terminal outlet.