Just tried my day 1 unused headset, mic not working...

Discussion in 'Xbox One Accessories' started by -Hitman-, Feb 19, 2014.

1. -Hitman-

-Hitman-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,112
    As per title my mic is intermittent, mainly not working at all, I do feel they are the worst design for the cabling, being small, flat and of cheap quality, surprised these aren't dropping like flies everywhere!

I called Ms and they want me to send it back to Czech Rep at my own cost and then they'll send a replacement about 10-15 days, so I went on live chat with Game (originally bought from them) and they said just take the headset back to the store and they'll swap it for me.

So off back to game tomorrow.

2. I Spiritus I

I Spiritus I

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +933
    Mines has been like that too mate. I found that if you used a USB cable with it instead of the batteries it seemed to work better.

3. Morphies

Morphies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Just posted mine to the repair centre this morning. Cost my company about £8. Managed to get 3 months Xbox live from the agent on the phone in compensation. So not too shabby.

Still got to wait a couple of weeks for a replacement.

4. GazH

GazH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    My headset plays up as well.... did a lot of trawling the internet and then I found the solution to the issue (with my issue anyway)

My headset was getting the correct "beeping" noise when I kept pressing the + volume button and the light would come on on the mute when I pressed it so I presumed it was working.

To check it is working I started a party (just me in it) and switched on party chat.

when I spoke the icon didn't "go bigger" to show I was speaking... I also noted players voices coming out the tv rather than the headset when in games.

So, I go to Settings->kinect to see what the Kinect is seeing.... and it is showing me as "Guest" rather than my profile name...

Walk out of view of the Kinect and then back in until it picks you up as your profile name rather than guest.... bingo, mic and headset start working again.

Seems to be locked down so logged on profiles use the headset online and not guest, so if guest is picked up then mic is disabled...

Hope this helps someone...

Cheers

Gaz

5. -Hitman-

-Hitman-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,112
    Thanks mate, although mine is more serious as it only seemed to work a bit when I fiddled with the wire at the controller connecter bit, my mates said it was really crackling.

I tried the "party" testing, however it doesn't say that you need to also go into the Kinect settings first and turn off Kinect chat as when I tested, it seemed to be working fine at first but after disabling the Kinect chat, I got nothing.

I took it back to Game today and they happily replaced it, this one works perfectly.

6. The SMF

The SMF
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +154
    i found if you use voice commands to sign in, it defaults to kinect mic for chat regardless of the headset being connected or not, thats why i now sign in with the controller