1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just traded up my amp and a few other bits...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by JohnnyScot, Feb 5, 2005.

1. JohnnyScot

Jan 14, 2005
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hello all,

I have just traded up from Yamaha DSP-A1, Sony 725 DVD, AVI Nutron Fronts, Team Solid Centres, and a pair of DS6 rears with a Rel Storm to bottom it all off. Projected through a Sony VPLs-900

I really was happy with my old set up but the DVD was starting to skip and give me error 13s. So I thought about a new DVD, my search took me to the Pioneer 868 and as always when you are in hifi shops you get a bit carried away so my new set up turned out to be.......

Yamaha DSP-Z9
    Pioneer 868
    M&K 150 front, L C R
    M&K MPS2525 Surround (pro version of S250 tripole)
    M&K 350 Sub
    Sim 2 Domino 30H

So after going to buy a new DVD player I guess I have just about traded up the whole damn system. Well not quite, my interconnects are still the same, my quadraspire stands and my trusty (and too well hidden under the floor to be bothered changing it) DNM Reson speaker cable.

So how is it? - Absolutely chuffing fabulous!!!!

Watched Man on Fire last night and the soundstage was just so seamless and effortless. The mix in that movie of loud explosions, music, effects was just awesome, and of course the fact that Mr D Washington is not too shabby an actor helps.

So no big detailed reviews just had to tell some folks who would understand the pleasure of scrabbling about plumbing in new kit and then sitting back with a beer to enjoy the proceeds of a rather nice stock option maturing!

Happy camper!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: