Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Just too fussy??

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by MattJTC, Apr 3, 2002.

1. MattJTC

MattJTC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been looking at 32/36" CRT TV's and have frankly been dissapointed will all of them......... the reason, motion blur.

All the so called improved 100Hz sets (especially the Phillips) seem to be pretty bad rather ruining the experience.

The Sony's seem the best to be, put would progressive scan improve this issue??

Matt

2. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,276
    This is TV. They are all compromised. I find the Tosh some of the least compromised but if you are finding these a problems then look to Plasma or projector to solve your problem. Blame the Germans.;)

Proper PS can look great but cheapo solutions can look worse than interlaced!

3. CouchPotato

CouchPotato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On tuesday I saw the new phillips pixel plus set playing a Gladiator DVD. On static shots it was lovely, but with lots of movement i could see blurry smears where there should have been crisp images.

Take the Germanic battle at the begining of the film, during the heat of the battle when there are many fast moving soldiers those at the back of the shot were quite blurry and hard to make out.

The Sony DX100 playing the same DVD had much less smearing and it was easier to make out the rear soldiers, once the sony was put into DRC50 mode it was smearless. i could not see the dreaded scrolling bars either.

...so i price-matched the sony.

4. MattJTC

MattJTC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Coincidence! Gladiator was the DVD I carried around with me and got the retailers to play!

M