1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just to carry on the fuel debate....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by skap7309, Sep 17, 2005.

1. skap7309

skap7309

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi id just like to share my views on this as im a driver myself....
    I was very embarrased this week to see this shocking, greedy and petty so called 'panic buying' that was going on last week in danger of the protests. the organisers said NO fuel will be blocked but yet the country ran the pumps dry.
    i am lucky enough to be able to bike pretty much everywhere, and rarley use my car at all, i have alot of pity for people who genuinely need fuel for there work or buisness but shame on everyone who couldve quite easily found suitable car replacements. im just so glad this wasnt a food shortage for instance.
    just goes to show so much greed in modern life, with the fuel suppliers laughing their arses off at the idiots who filled their massive pockets. quite a bumper month for them i think you'll agree.
    apologies if ive offended any panic buyers.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    The blame for high prices have to be laid at the door of the oil producers, but I feel the media have a lot to answer for. The first thing I heard when I switched on the radio on Monday morning was "There are likely to be fuel blockades this week - panic buying has started". Now it's human nature for anyone hearing this to get their tank filled up, and I don't criticise anyone who did.

However, had the press and TV had not played a large part in stirring a molehill into a mountain, I daresay the protestors would have had even less success than the miniscule success that they are giving themselves credit for. It would have been a complete non-event without the clowns in the media.

3. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    stinkin bloody country.

we always get ripped off and treated like crap

4. skap7309

skap7309

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    nick uk, very good point which i shouldve mentioned, yes its their job to do report but its the way they go about it, complete idiots, look at the england football team, they are being put under sooooo much pressure by the media that they are pretty diabolicle at the moment. just another non related thought!

5. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Surely in a day and age when only 61% can be bothered to turn out to vote in a General Election and therefore 39% of the voting public seem to have voted for the Apathy Party - we get exactly what we deserve.

6. Andy Leitch

Andy Leitch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    The masses are asses.

Pretty much sums it up really.

7. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Yes Ian but I did vote, and not for this bunch of jokers either, but can you blame the oil companies. If they had put it to £1.10 people would have bought it.

It just seems that we are all being held to ransom.

Does anyone know how much Belgium charge for oil? as on the news this week along with France dropping it's prices, Belgium is dropping it's fuel pries by 14% for the winter. Ironic that BG are putting it up by the same ammount for us.