1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just taken the plunge!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jonyboy, May 10, 2005.

1. jonyboy

jonyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well i've just got back from comet after buying a Sagem HD-D45 TV :D
    They chucked in a free Sagem ITD-64 freeview box which was nice and we bought the 5 year cover on the TV seeing as its the same price as a bulb change and it'll probably need one before the 5 years are up :)

It arrives thursday morning and i've arranged to work from home so i'll be able to have a good play with it :thumbsup:

Is there anything i need to check when it arrives? (apart from it working :p)
    I've read quite a few posts about people having problems with there sets so am a little nervous as to what i'll find :rolleyes:

Can anyone tell me the best way to connect the freeview box to the TV picture quality wise ?

I'll be using RGB from my DVD player, DVI from my PC but am unsure what to use from the PS2 and the freeview box to the TV ?

Any suggestions welcome :D

Roll on thursday :smashin:

2. philip41

philip41
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the club m8, hope you get on with your set ok. Try not to read to many of the negative post, or if you are like me you will just go looking for Problems.

Someone correct me if i am wrong, but their warranty does NOT cover the bulb, does it.

3. sprattgraham

sprattgraham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I wrote a letter to Comets Complaints after being told when I brought the Sagem HD-D50 that the Lamps were covered.

Then when I had a problem with the power supply I asked about the Lamps and was told they was not covered.

The response was the Lamp in your Sagem HD-D50 DLP is covered by your policy.

4. TheGaffer

TheGaffer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Best of luck with it mate. I am on my 3rd but hopefully yours will be just fine!

Connect the freeview box via RGB SCART. I use £25 Profigold and Thor cables for Sky/Freeview and the PQ is very good. Don't forget to check the picture (video) settings on the Freeview box to make sure that it is outputting RGB. Sorry, I don't have a PS2, but I think I've read that S-Video is best for this.

5. Riva

Riva
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Congrats on your new purchase!

I have purchased a set of component leads to connect my PS2 to the HD-D45 and this has made a significant improvement over the standard PS2 cables. The only problem is that you only get one set of component imputs (AV5) and I share these with the DVD player. Small price to pay for such a cool screen!! ENJOY!!