Just swapped my 32" PD30 for a 36" PD50

iaTa

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi people,

I am the new owner of a 36" PD50 which has replaced my rented 32" PD30. First impressions are not good. The picture just doesn't seem anywhere near as sharp as it was on the PD30 - especially with Sky+ RGB set to progressive scan. The PD30 seemed to have a lovely picture with RGB through AV1 or AV4 but with the PD50 it's very washed out and grey looking.

I used to run my PD30 in progressive mode all the time as the picture was stunninging clear. It's as if something is very slighty out with the PD50 - could this be down to it being a 36" rather than 32" screen? If I were to purchase a JS Tech RGB to Component conveter and use it with the Sky+ box to input component would it fix the colour problems and would I still be able to run it in progressive mode?

All in all the TV looks impressive - just a shame the picture quality doesn't quite match up to it's looks.

My pd 30 only supports prog scan over component not rgb. And get dvi and calibrate the coulor, that might help with the picture looking grey ish.

Sorry if this is a stupid question - what is DVI?

benjones said:
Sorry if this is a stupid question - what is DVI?

I think it was meant to be DVE, Digital, Video , Essentials. A calibration dvd with various test patterens and help to adjust your display and sound sytem to get the most out of it. :)

The company I work for sells DVI connectors. They are Digital Video Interface.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom