Just standalone internet radio - which player?

dibdab

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a standalone internet radio player for the bedroom and kitchen. I generally listen to CDs in the living room but would like to replace my DAB clock radio with internet radio and finally have something in the kitchen to while away hours of cooking!!

Have spent hours browsing these forums and others trying to suss it all out but my brain is starting to hurt!

Originally tempted by Squeezebox, but I think this is going to give more than I need - and I just want something fairly simple that will do what it says on the box without the need for extras (eg. speakers).

What I ideally want is a unit that isn't dissimilar to a bog-standard clock radio (in size and looks) but has internet radio instead of just FM/DAB. I don't want to have to leave the computer on to use it, but would like to be able to access stations such as Last.FM, Pandora and BBC as well as podcasts and RSS feeds.

Price isn't a massive issue, but I would prefer not to pay over the odds for other functions I doubt I'll use - if I want to listen to my MP3 player then I'll hook it up to my amp directly.

Any recommendations?

Cheers!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom