• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Just shows how good the 360 is..

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelegendofyrag

Established Member
A guy i work with had owned a PS3 for about a year and never had a bad word to say about it.

I was discussing games with him at the tail end of last year and he was saying how much better it was than a 360 and that he'd never get one.

A week later he owns a 360 and loves it.

Two weeks later he has sold his PS3. Just shows what a sheltered life these sole PS3 owners have :rotfl:

nick501

Distinguished Member
The 360 is useless at playing blurays though.

but yeah, out of the 2 (and i have both) i prefer the 360 for games.

Fen Star

Prominent Member
Have to say i got another 360 a few weeks back, played Gears 2 which was excellent as was Ace Combat 6, but the other title i got because i wanted to play it was Halo 3 and i thought that was terrible played through once and sold it, and apart from the DLC for GTA4 there is nothing coming out that i want in the whole of 2009 on the 360, where as it's a different story on the PS3 with there being quite a few exclusives i want, but i guess it's case of what interests you....

runam0k

Prominent Member
Have to say i got another 360 a few weeks back, played Gears 2 which was excellent as was Ace Combat 6, but the other title i got because i wanted to play it was Halo 3 and i thought that was terrible played through once and sold it, and apart from the DLC for GTA4 there is nothing coming out that i want in the whole of 2009 on the 360, where as it's a different story on the PS3 with there being quite a few exclusives i want, but i guess it's case of what interests you....
A lot of people were disappointed with Halo 3. Phenominal feature set, but the game felt rushed and Bungie had already lost the plot back in Halo 2. Online is, however, rock solid.

I have to say it's a bit early to write-off the 360's entire line-up for 2009. :rotfl:

Quite apart from anything, Microsoft haven't really announced anything yet (as was the case this time last year).

Some titles to look out for (some may be multiplat, some may slip to 2010, etc):

Dead Island, Age of Conan, 2 days to Vegas (timed excl), Ninja Blade, Mass Effect 2, Star Ocean 4, Thesies, Bioshock 2, Alan Wake, APB, Dead Rising 2, Warhound, Blue Dragon 2, White Gold, the new Portal game, Kingdom Under Fire 2, South Park XBLA, Splinter Cell, Halo: ODST, Forza 3, Halo Wars, Live Prime Time and Lionhead have a project called Dimitri that they confirmed will release in 2009 too.

Crovon

Distinguished Member
I love my 360, deffo the best hardcore gamers console out right now.

My PS3 has mainly been a fantastic bluray player, but I have been waitng for something to come out on it that is worth playing.

The games I have had are:

Heavenly sword
Beowulf
Motorstorm
Resistance: fall of man
Gran Turismo: prologue
Little big planet

I only have LBP left but that will soon be traded in. I just havent been interested with any of the ones Ive had hence why I traded them all in.

Killzone 2 though is a different prospect all together and looks like it will be a keeper and something that will finally get me into PS3 gaming ;)

RottenFox

Distinguished Member

Bilbob

Prominent Member

If you've got gold, then get left for dead... cracking fun, I only got it last weekend, and can't believe I've been missing out since it arrived!!

runam0k

Prominent Member
I love my 360, deffo the best hardcore gamers console out right now.

My PS3 has mainly been a fantastic bluray player, but I have been waitng for something to come out on it that is worth playing.

The games I have had are...
Give Uncharted a go mate. The tearing is horrible, but the game itself is otherwise beautiful and very enjoyable.

Fen Star

Prominent Member
A lot of people were disappointed with Halo 3. Phenominal feature set, but the game felt rushed and Bungie had already lost the plot back in Halo 2. Online is, however, rock solid.

I have to say it's a bit early to write-off the 360's entire line-up for 2009. :rotfl:

Quite apart from anything, Microsoft haven't really announced anything yet (as was the case this time last year).

Some titles to look out for (some may be multiplat, some may slip to 2010, etc):

Dead Island, Age of Conan, 2 days to Vegas (timed excl), Ninja Blade, Mass Effect 2, Star Ocean 4, Thesies, Bioshock 2, Alan Wake, APB, Dead Rising 2, Warhound, Blue Dragon 2, White Gold, the new Portal game, Kingdom Under Fire 2, South Park XBLA, Splinter Cell, Halo: ODST, Forza 3, Halo Wars, Live Prime Time and Lionhead have a project called Dimitri that they confirmed will release in 2009 too.

Yes but as i said mate their is nothing on the 360 in 2009 that intrests me, and most mulitplats i would get on my PS3....

If you've got gold, then get left for dead... cracking fun, I only got it last weekend, and can't believe I've been missing out since it arrived!!

I was going to then i heard about a small amount of people getting motion sickness or something like it because of the aspect ratio so i thought why risk it....

Crovon

Distinguished Member
Give Uncharted a go mate. The tearing is horrible, but the game itself is otherwise beautiful and very enjoyable.

had that too but forgot about it :suicide:

It was a lovely game, I really enjoyed it but never finished it as the 360 took up all my time.

Bilbob

Prominent Member
I was going to then i heard about a small amount of people getting motion sickness or something like it because of the aspect ratio so i thought why risk it....
Really? Not heard about that, can't say I've noticed it either....:confused:

Too busy watching spurt of zombie blood :rotfl:

shagaboopon

Prominent Member
Really? Not heard about that, can't say I've noticed it either....:confused:

Too busy watching spurt of zombie blood :rotfl:

The only people who suffer motion sickness are the same ones who suffered playing Half Life 2. It the source engines point of view settings cause issues for some people.

Syphonic

Established Member
the other title i got because i wanted to play it was Halo 3 and i thought that was terrible played through once and sold it
I too did not enjoy the single player, the multiplayer however (either deathmatches or co-op) is probably my fav. online gaming experience. You cannot beat playing Halo 3 online with mates IMO.

Cheesymic

Established Member
i too was a playstation man. never even looked at the xbox then a mate talked me round to buying an elite on launch day so i did. i've got to say i love it never even once thought about buying a ps3. i am totally happy with the 360 i'm glad i got talked into it.

MrSkipsey

Established Member
i too was a playstation man. never even looked at the xbox then a mate talked me round to buying an elite on launch day so i did. i've got to say i love it never even once thought about buying a ps3. i am totally happy with the 360 i'm glad i got talked into it.

Same here mate. PS1, PS2, PSP all the way. Then Sony dropped a clanger with the PS3 and decided to keep putting back the launch date.
The original Xbox I thought was too BIG, too square and to be honest an eyesore which is why I never purchased one.

Couldnt wait for a console that didnt seem like it would actually make it to the shops (PS3) so my girlfriend got me the 360 for Xmas in 2006.

I havent looked back since. In fact, I now think the PS3 is too BIG and an eyesore!

ricki1980

Established Member
Have both.

Currently playing on the PS3

Motorstorm 2
Uncharted

Both are fantastic games. For the PS3 I am looking forward to,

God of War 3
Kill Zone 2
Uncharted 2

Currently playing on my Xbox 360

Gears of War 2
Forza 2

What is different here is that the games I am looking forward to playing on the 360 include games that have already been released. This is also a key point. So many good games have already come out for the 360 it’s not like there is a lack of games available.

Fable 2
Forza 3
Alan Wake
Halo OSD
Halo Wars
Bioshock 2
Splinter Cell Conviction
GTA5
Street Fighter
Farcry 2
Aliens – Colonial Marines
Silent Hill
Fear 2
HAWX
Resident Evil 5
Fight Night R4
Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 2

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
I have been posting in a thread over in the PS3 forum for a while now. There are some really interesting points made by both camps but I still firmly favour my Xbox. I think much of that is now down to me being used to my xbox and having a well established friends list, not to mention a healthy fascination with Gamerpoints. The trophies system on the PS3 is fun but I much prefer the way Xbox achievements are 1000 points divided as the DEV sees fit. The thread is:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps3/905118-official-avf-ps3-360-thread.html

Before anyone jumps in with both feet screaming PS3 SUX have a read through, some very good points on the technical specs of both units and also lack of party chat on the PS3 etc. Another massive difference between the two is the fact we have to pay for XBOX live. There are rumours abound that MAG (Massive Action Game - 256 players in one battle at the same time :eek:) will require subs to be paid to Sony before the game can be played (gameplay is online only). If this rumour turns out to be true surely it would be better to pay one monthly sub like we pay to MS !

Ratinho

Prominent Member
Christ that opening post is some strong embarrassing cringe.

Still own both, both great too.

Infact i still own a Wii. God knows why.

BradleyLove

Established Member
A guy i work with had owned a PS3 for about a year and never had a bad word to say about it.

I was discussing games with him at the tail end of last year and he was saying how much better it was than a 360 and that he'd never get one.

A week later he owns a 360 and loves it.

Two weeks later he has sold his PS3. Just shows what a sheltered life these sole PS3 owners have :rotfl:
Personally, I feel sorry for these pathetic single console owners who are so insecure about their choice of console, they feel the need to criticise other consoles and their owners.

Pathetic.

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Christ that opening post is some strong embarrassing cringe.

Still own both, both great too.

Infact i still own a Wii. God knows why.

Lol ! I still have my Wii. I can't sell it as it was a birthday present from the missus. I have considered placing a box of Tesco Value tissues in its place in the AV cabinet but she still likes to have a blast on Mario every now and then. I would get busted BIG time !

Ratinho

Prominent Member
I'm holding out hope we'll see another Mario or something soonish.

Suda can't save the thing on it's own and it's all been disappointment for me really. Mario Kart still one of it's top sellers, for this Wii version of it. :/

runam0k

Prominent Member
Yes but as i said mate their is nothing on the 360 in 2009 that intrests me...
:confused: There's something for everyone on the list I posted and most are expected to be exclusive to 360.

If you're willing to dismiss them all so easily, I'm amazed there are any games you're looking forward to. I think it's time to give up gaming. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom